Help with ID of old parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Ok, I have some parts I've had for several years. I came across them today while doing some clean up in the shop. They came to me a parts lot from someone who was cleaning out their late dad's saw shop. Here's what I have. Dust of the brain cells and help me figure out what I have-

First are some carb diaphragms--

Attachments

• 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 36
this is just a guess but for some reason i wanna say the clutch drum is for a stihl 08s. i haven't worked on any of those saws for a while but the clutch drum looks similar.

The roundish diaphragm is for a Mac 73 style carb, the more square diaphragm is for the Mac flatback.

Wouldn't be a big leap to assume the gear sprockets are for the 73 style Mac.
The Tillotson manual for HL carbs says the HL103 was made for McCulloch. The sprockets are also for the older McCulloch.
chainsawlady

The round diaphragm could be from a 73, could be 4-30, 47, or 77 as well. The square shaped one is indeed the metering diaphragm from a McCulloch flat back.

The HL 103 was used on some early Super 797 saws, others as well I'm sure but I can't make a specific reference.

51793 is a 1/2" pitch sprocket for the large frame McCulloch direct drive saws.

The sprockets look like they are for 9/16" pitch chain.

Mark

Back