Help with McCulloch pro mac 700 vacuum testing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after doing to dunk test you need to blow it out and load it down the wd 40 and then blow it oue again

I tried rubber from an inner tube first and switched to gasket material thinking that was the problem

That gasket material will leak. Don't ask me how I know it. You won't get a real reading with gasket material. But you still should be able to get pressure or vacuum built. The gasket material isn't your whole problem but is contributing. Check the block off plate and all the tubes coming from the mityvac. Like Backhoelover said.

You need this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Plumb-Pak-6-in-Rubber-Washer/1082955

Or this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Keeney-6-in-Rubber-Washer/1082957

One is 1/16th thick and one is 1/8th thick.

Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 8.32.29 PM.png
I got some help on the mcculloch thread and apparently this missing screw is the problem. I have an old rubber inner tube from a car tire that i can use with my block off plate and for the muffler.

I never did find the leak but the saw runs good and shows no sign of a leak. I think what happened is the cleanout screw was missing. Then I used too long of screws in my testing apparatus and then broke the insulating plate. Then I fixed all that and the leak was in my testing apparatus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never did find the leak but the saw runs good and shows no sign of a leak. I think what happened is the cleanout screw was missing. Then I used too long of screws in my testing apparatus and then broke the insulating plate. Then I fixed all that and the leak was in my testing apparatus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear that it is running good. I am getting ready to test pressure and vacuum the seals on my Mac 10-10 build. Came across after reading up on pressure testing saws.

Latest posts

Back