Help with rim sprocket for Solo 651

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My Solo 651 has had the original clutch drum replaced with a spur sprocket. I'd like to switch it back to a rim system. I cannot find one available, except possibly out of Australia. The OE part is NLA. The bearing is 10mm ID x 13mm OD x 13mm long. The oiler is clutch driven by a simple notch in the OD of the drum. I will have to measure the drum ID and width and add that information to the post. I am wondering if someone with access to stock of clutch drums might be able to identify something that will work as is or with minor modification. Or maybe someone has NOS they might want to sell. Any help will be appreciated.

Tony

Thats a great link since it gives dimensions. Unfortunately there isn't anything close enough to work. Maybe the drum for the Dolmar 133, but I'd have to make a bushing or find a bearing with the correct ID/OD.

I took a chance and ordered a GB from a site that seems to sell chainsaw parts as an afterthought. Hopefully it won't go on backorder for 6 months or be obsolete. They sell parts for pressure washers, but listed the GB part number.

Just as I feared, the GB part is NLA. Archer is the only option short of finding something else close that will work (or used or NOS). I will be putting a call in to Minor at AC Properties who I was told stocks Archer in the U.S.

Hello,
Does the drum look like this?
_8B3bIB3_IzLWGydWsW8WpZRaIHd5d

If the part number is for clutch drum 35 00 372, needle bearing 00 52 257 and rim sprocket 30 38 420, those are listed at local importers website for dealers. Will ask for the price on monday.

RV

Yes. I talked to Solo USA and they said the drum is no longer available, at least here. Archer is the only after market brand that still makes one, but have not been able to track down a retailer in the US that can get me one. The drum for an Echo saw is the closest I've found. I am going to try to make one work and have one on order.

There seem to be a few in Europe but I'm not sure how to get one here. I only need the drum. Bearing and rim sprocket are standard off the shelf parts and I have them.

I might be blonde haired and blue eyed with a last name that that was anglicized from hoffenmueller, but it's hard even with google translator to understand everything on those German Sites

On that site the price is for the clutch drum only. You can order the needle bearing and rim sprocket separately.

I stand corrected,

" ohne Kettenrad und ohne Nadelkäfig " indeed means without sprocket and needle bearing, sorry for the false information :oops:

And if they do not ship to US, i can order and mail it to you.

RV

Latest posts

Back