Help with saddle choice????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the New Tribes are adjustable in the waist. The legs are available in multiple sizes(measure your thighs and choose accordingly) and absolutely do not need to be adjusted- the design works.

I'm considering a dragonfly for my next saddle.

attachment.php

Last edited:
changetires said:
Dont get the cheap Buckingham. Its not very comfy if your going to be in the trees for a very long time. :cry:
what cheap buck is that hmm?

I looked at the traverse also. I bit the bullet and purchased to New Tribe Pro Gear yesterday. I thought about the Butterfly 2 but I think I am too big for it. Hopefully I will be happy with the Progear.

I just ordered a new traverse with the deluxe package. Full body harness with fall protection. LArge waist with xl batten seat and loops. Has quick connect buckles with the fancy lining for sweat hogs like myself. Let you guys know how it is when i get it.

hammer0419 said:
I am in the market to purchase a saddle and have been looking at many but have it down to two different ones. The Petzl Navaho Variobelt and the Buckingham Arbormaster ll. I obviously want safety but definately also want it to be comfortable. The Petzl belt is extra wide for back support which seems good. I have seen several postings on the arbormaster but kind of like the Petzl. This will be for some weekend work as it is not my full time profession. Thanks.............

I used to use a Petzl Navahoe, but found that it used to cut into me when you hung too much weight from it. I then moved onto a Weaver Double sliding dee which I have used for the last TEN years and it's still going strong. You will hear a lot of people say how cumbersome they are but once the're broken in (after about 18months unfortunately) they are comfy as hell.I could probably do with a new Weaver now but the breaking in period is putting me off slightly. Somebody else maybe able to advise you on how to make them comfortable quickley.

^ use a leather conditioner like Mink Oil or similar on leather saddles. Rub in weel on every bit of leather, wear the saddle for a bunch of climbs to conform it to your body.

TreeTopKid said:
I used to use a Petzl Navahoe, but found that it used to cut into me when you hung too much weight from it. I then moved onto a Weaver Double sliding dee which I have used for the last TEN years and it's still going strong. You will hear a lot of people say how cumbersome they are but once the're broken in (after about 18months unfortunately) they are comfy as hell.I could probably do with a new Weaver now but the breaking in period is putting me off slightly. Somebody else maybe able to advise you on how to make them comfortable quickley.

Sounds like a way too long break in period. I wouldn't buy a pair of uncomfortable shoes that had to be worn for extended periods of time. It would be hell. I don't know if I would buy something that took that long to break in. You are a tougher man than me. To each there own.

Latest posts

Back