Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebockelmann

Reaction score
I am new to using a chainsaw. I have used one in the past, but it was an electric piece of junk. I moved to a area that is surrounded by forest and my property is in need of some trimming and cutting a few smaller trees down. I have been looking at purchasing a Husqvarna 350 for my first real chainsaw. Any thoughts on this model? Thanks.

How many trees are you going to be cutting? What is the average size of the trees? All of this info will help on deciding a saw that is right for you, without being to big to handle the small stuff. The 350 is a decent homeowner saw, but there are many saws in that price range that might fit your needs. I had one a while ago, and it was a good saw, but it wasn't big enough for my needs. If you could find a 55 rancher new on the shelves somewhere (has been discontinued) it is more of a saw for just a tad more money. Although the 455, is the replacement saw for the 55 rancher, it is quite bit heavier for the power it has.

-Steve

found it

Husqvarna
18" Gas Chain Saw

Item #: 67292 Model: 55 RANCHER

Found it for $369

Not much more money.

As for the size of the trees, it varies anywhere from several inches to maybe 24 inches. Thanks for the help

Make that about 17 to 20 inches and its only half a tree, the rest snapped off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back