Here's one for all you......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
..... CAT OWNERS. My wife has 3 cats. Well our power went out recently, and we had to do the candle thingie for some low light. Well all the candle are Yankee Candles, thus, contained in a glass jar. Wouldn't you know, her "poofy" cat with the humongous furry tail walks by the candle on the dresser and whoosh.... HER TAIL IS ON FIRE. Luckily my wife was actually in the room at the time and she said she put the tail out even before the cat knew it was in flames. I'm thinkin, what the heck COULD HAVE happened had we not known it, and the cat is running around lighting various areas of our home on fire.

that could certainly have been ugly, its a good thing she was in the room when it happened, holy cow.

Yea, and what do you think the Ins. company would say when you tell them how your house started on fire...
a what? yea right!:dizzy:

My wife has two cats. The 1st year with our wood burner the dumber of the two cats knocked her tail on the glass and burned part of her tail. Smelled like burnt flesh in the whole house for a good two days. The stupid cat did it again a couple of weeks later.

Genghis Kahn

Setting fire to cat tails has been military strategy for 1000s of year.

Genghis Kahn, the great Mongol warrior, sent a message to a city he had besieged that if the city sent out 1,000 cats and several thousand swallows that the Mongols would spare them. When he got birds and the cats, Genghis had bits of cloth tied to their tails and set the cloth on fire. The cats and birds fled back to the city and ended up setting hundreds of fires inside the city and the Mongols quickly over ran it.

He's the man

Setting fire to cat tails has been military strategy for 1000s of year.

Genghis Kahn, the great Mongol warrior, sent a message to a city he had besieged that if the city sent out 1,000 cats and several thousand swallows that the Mongols would spare them. When he got birds and the cats, Genghis had bits of cloth tied to their tails and set the cloth on fire. The cats and birds fled back to the city and ended up setting hundreds of fires inside the city and the Mongols quickly over ran it.

I have a new found respect for Kahn.

Back