Hey guys. Keep my father in your thoughts and prayers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are meant to lose the people we love... How else would we know how important they are to us?
Sorry to hear Chucker, I hope this day for me never comes.
Prayers to you and your family!

Chuck'r, I may be just a newbie on here, but I am thinking about you and your family. You could be the toughest, most rugged man that handles a 42" bar like it's a kitchen knife, but the loss of your father still brings tears to your eyes. Be thankful for the time, however short it feels, you did have with him. My wife and brother in law never knew their father because he was killed in an accident when their mom was 7 months pregnant with him.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Nick

We are all with you

Let us all pray with and for Jason, his Father and family. This is very hard to go through, but a part of life, something each and every one of us need to prepare for. I am praying for and with you all. May God bless Jim

Jason, if he's anything like you I'm really sorry I never had the chance to meet him.

I know you've been trying to prepare for this the best you can, but it's still really gonna hurt for a while.

Times like this, someone in the family often takes the lead and steps up with the strength needed to shepperd everyone else through this difficult time. I think that's falling on your shoulders here and, and I wouldn't doubt that you and your Dad even talked about it. You will find some additional strength in his expectations as you won't allow yourself to let him down. Do your best and stick close to everyone in the family. Painful, but you'll all get through it.

Be seeing ya soon.

Jason, my thoughts are with you and your family and prayers are being sent.

Life is a terminal condition .... it's all about how we live our lives. Sounds like your dad gets a "well done". I believe it was Cal Thomas who said of his father, "to the world he was nothing ... to his family he was everything." I immediately though of this when I read your post.

May you find peace and know his grace,

Jack

Over the last year there's been many GTG's and other events Jason has
missed out because he's been taking care of his Dad, and his parents home.
A lot of time he'd call me and say "Sorry I can't make it, I'd feel so bad if anything happens
to my dad while I'm out goofing off running saws".
And my response was "Take care of your Dad and mom, there will always be more GTG's and
chances to goof of running saws."

I know you and your Dad had your share of arguments and butted heads from time to
time. But you've taken good care of him and your mom, and family is more important
than anything.

He's been giving one hell of a fight and he said he's stubborn enough to fight his hardest until the very end. He's a good man and 63 is way too young.

He just did his good work in a short time...and his work here is done.

I'm at the hospital with him and I'm not leaving his side.

Sounds like me and my dad. I was able to be with him when he went, too, thank God. He was a survivor of the sinkings of both the Hornet and the Wasp in WWII and he didn't know how not to fight. I said to him, "It's OK, dad. Go to sleep." Thankfully, he did.

Let's hope he finds comfort and peace and hope this all goes as smoothly as it can. I know I joke around a lot and break a lot of balls and say a lot of crazy stuff, but seeking support in those around is of importance to me right now.

I always tell myself we're just on loan to one another while we're here. Appreciating one other for that time is where our memories are born, and we'll always have those! Take care of yourself, J. We're praying comfort and peace for you all.

...Reading through this thread I have realized something.
My father is 53 years old. His father died very unexpected at the ripe age of 64. My Father is more of a boss then a father to me, we fight a couple of times, and at times dont act like father and son at all. I regret a fist fight I started.. And there will come a day I will hate myself for it. I also just realized. I dont really have any pictures at all of him! Here is a picture of him, and my mom last spring.
221819_10150238410786563_720151562_8585913_2291181_a.jpg

Back