Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is further North, but you have to pass this place if you are going through Norway all the way - take a look at the maps in the start of this thread.....

At the time he wanted to do some of the return journey through the USSR but they wouldn't let him have a visa (it must have been about 1980 so it was before the fall of the iron curtain.) to go through.

It rained most of the day today, the week-end was much nicer - temp is now +2 celsius (1036pm), that is the lowest in a while....:(

So Buddy is it cold up there?
We had sunshine today and it must have neen nearly 20°C!!!!!!!!!!!

My FS450 didnt arrive today:cry:

SawTroll+ cottage +361 + modded muffler?:popcorn:

Get your new car yet?

Sorry about the 450.....:(

I don't want a new car, that ol' Volvo is much to nice for that.....:clap::clap:

....but I am considering an older tractor or an ATV for the woods, as I can't carry logs the way I did - no hurry though, help is easily availiable....:)

Sorry about the 450.....:(

I don't want a new car, that ol' Volvo is much to nice for that.....:clap::clap:

....but I am considering an older tractor or an ATV for the woods, as I can't carry logs the way I did - no hurry though, help is easily availiable....:)

Volvo and nice in the same sentence Hmm im not so sure lol

So your avoiding answering the 361 muffler question:monkey:

Any news about your foot?

attachment.php

Isn't that part of scandinavia they call Lapland?

I've always been curious about the people of the region, as well as their traditional customs. Especially the traditional dances of the Laps.

Yup. I've heard fascinating things about Lapdancers.

attachment.php

Isn't that part of scandinavia they call Lapland?

I've always been curious about the people of the region, as well as their traditional customs. Especially the traditional dances of the Laps.

Yup. I've heard fascinating things about Lapdancers.

There are some Lapps here for sure, but they far from dominate - this is not Lappland.

Volvo and nice in the same sentence Hmm im not so sure lol

So your avoiding answering the 361 muffler question:monkey:

Any news about your foot?

I may be able to harvest a suitable test log for the 361 next week-end - it depends on the weather.

Sorry to say, the verdict on the foot is not good at all - too severe damage to the bone structure for a "spare" joint to perform. The good news is that as long as I tolerate the pain, I can use it in the woods - it won't suddenly collaps. :)

I may be able to harvest a suitable test log for the 361 next week-end - it depends on the weather.

Sorry to say, the verdict on the foot is not good at all - too severe damage to the bone structure for a "spare" joint to perform. The good news is that as long as I tolerate the pain, I can use it in the woods - it won't suddenly collaps. :)

Not so good about the foot:cry:
My Boss has his leg off below the knee, I knew him for maybe 7 years and worked with him for months before i found out!
Personally i would take that option rather than be hopping about in pain on crutches.

Not so good about the foot:cry:
My Boss has his leg off below the knee, I knew him for maybe 7 years and worked with him for months before i found out!
Personally i would take that option rather than be hopping about in pain on crutches.

Pain yes, but tolerable with cortison and pain killers - crutches no (just as back-up) - I'll just have to be careful, and avoid steep terrain and heavy loads.....:)

If you continue to use both the 21LP and the 25RSC, please let us know about the "stay sharp" ability of each one!...:cheers:

dayum... its hot here, yesterday was around +13c and seems today will be even hotter unless the rains make it here...

Woodbogga, bet you dont know what ppl in lapland do during winter...

Woodbogga, bet you dont know what ppl in lapland do during winter...

I got an idea, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the image of it being done while clad in reindeer pelts.

My brother goes to a - ahem - gentlemens' club - up in Montreal now and again. I'll ask him if any of the dancers are from northern Norway.

Last edited:
I got an idea, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the image of it being done while clad in reindeer pelts.

My brother goes to a - ahem - gentlemens' club - up in Montral now and again. I'll ask him if any of the dancers are from northern Norway.

Nope, no lapdances in winter. Instead they get totally drunk (like, real drunk) and then cruise around the town with snowsleds and occasionally they have little fist fight (maybe couple stabbings) and then they drink more... yup, thats what they do...

In summer theres too much mosquitos for normal person to breathe...

Nope, no lapdances in winter. Instead they get totally drunk (like, real drunk) and then cruise around the town with snowsleds and occasionally they have little fist fight (maybe couple stabbings) and then they drink more... yup, thats what they do...

Sounds like New Hampshire. Sans stabbings.

Mostly.

There would be much more smiling and a lot less fighting if every one was getting a lap dance.
.........................................:love1::Eye::Eye::love1:

If you continue to use both the 21LP and the 25RSC, please let us know about the "stay sharp" ability of each one!...:cheers:

I will, but doubt I will notise much difference with my clean wood and touch-up habits.

Bottom line, I am a bit disappointed with the .325 variety of the RSC - the design looks less "harmonic" than the 20 series LP design. I probably won't buy any more after using up the pair I have, unless they surprice me during their "life"......:popcorn::popcorn::givebeer:

Last edited:

It's true the breathing part anyway, Canada's arctic is the same I watched a show on National Geographic about bugs and Caribou or Reindeer depends on where you live what you call them. But more Mosquitoes per Cubic metre than even the rain Forrest's in South America. I have been to warm climates before and personally think they have no bug's, compared to even home. I guess it is are short season here 4 months and 3 for up north makes them get what they can wile they can.
I have Some Rain Snow mix falling right now looks like the bugs will have to wait till June!

That is further North, but you have to pass this place if you are going through Norway all the way - take a look at the maps in the start of this thread.....

So what you're saying is that to get there, you'd need to be a Fjord Ranger?

Sorry to stink up this fine thread, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. :fart:

So what you're saying is that to get there, you'd need to be a Fjord Ranger?

Sorry to stink up this fine thread, but I couldn't hold it in anymore. :fart:
Na no ford would work there you need a reliable truck or a Volvo.:hmm3grin2orange:This should bring some hate mail?

Latest posts

Back