Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could I would go back in time and make sure I had on good ear muffs wile shooting Gophers. I am sure it did some damage as I always had great hearing some would say selective hearing. But I had left many a shoot or range with my ears ringing, especially when there is two of you, my bud's fave was a .243 necked down to .22 dam loud crack to it, of course my own 6mm was a little loud too when firing 150 rounds a day at them Richardson Ground Squirrels!

The guns I referred to varied from .22LR to 155mm....:givebeer:

I finally got around to put the "Andy muffler" on the MS361 last saturday, after harvesting some wood the day before.

After a good warm-up session, before and after cuts were made in 11 and 14" birch, and my counting (no stop-watch or video) indicate a 10-15 percent speed gain. :clap::clap:

The cuts were made with a 15" bar, 36RSC, 8-pin rim, at 14500rpm WOT settings.

I experiensed little or no sound gain - which is a bit surpricing.....

I'd been waiting on that news for quite some time :):) I am not a fan of modded saws in general, mainly because of the increased noise level. But now you got my attention !! :clap:

Maybe I need to get hold of Lake in a hurry, don't know if he's still in retirement mode...

Nice to get out again and cut some wood, eh? :D

I had not used much .325" chain in the past and did not have fond memories of it. When I got my 346, I was set on switching it over to 3/8th, but got a couple loops of 21lp to try it out. I am totally satisfied with it. My saw has about 10 tanks of use, another port cut in the muffler, and tuned to about the same as yours or slightly higher rpm. What a nice machine!! I can really get in the limbing zone with it, although it bucks bigger stuff nicely too.

The saw is a really nice one, as is the 21LP chain - perfect combo imo! :clap::clap::clap:

I remember this being a conversation starter from Andy a few years ago, I didn't realise that it had turned into such a marathon thread, wow.

I take it that it has got cold up there a few times since the question was asked.

I remember this being a conversation starter from Andy a few years ago, I didn't realise that it had turned into such a marathon thread, wow.

I take it that it has got cold up there a few times since the question was asked.

Yes!

Yup, pretty neat reading all those old post. Wish some of those guys that posted back then were still here Especially Lakeside..

:agree2:

yup, i've learned alot from his posts! what ever happened to him?

speakin' of "what happened to him" i don't see ya around much, how come?

He just quit posting at 25K posts - some have been lost later, because threads were deleted.

Latest posts

Back