Hey, Sawtroll - Cold up there yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na no ford would work there you need a reliable truck or a Volvo.:hmm3grin2orange:This should bring some hate mail?

The GFs aunt has a Volvo estate, Its not overly old but i think everything that could go wrong with it has!
They just bought a VW Passat to replace it!

BTW you have to be over 50 to drive a Volvo:buttkick:

The GFs aunt has a Volvo estate, Its not overly old but i think everything that could go wrong with it has!
They just bought a VW Passat to replace it!

BTW you have to be over 50 to drive a Volvo:buttkick:
The Troll is over 50? The big volo trucks here run cumings motors great combo but we are talking transport trucks not a family firewood truck.
I was just having some fun slamming ford as according to the market new's they are now on top of the market who do you believe?. I have owned all of the big three GM ,Ford AND Dodge.They all have good and bad points watch out if Toyota markets a true full size in Canada or the U.S but as of now they don't.

The Troll is over 50? The big volo trucks here run cumings motors great combo but we are talking transport trucks not a family firewood truck.
I was just having some fun slamming ford as according to the market new's they are now on top of the market who do you believe?. I have owned all of the big three GM ,Ford AND Dodge.They all have good and bad points watch out if Toyota markets a true full size in Canada or the U.S but as of now they don't.

The tundra is rated below the GM and Ford trucks and is tied for 4th with the Ram. I think Yota's quality has been slipping a bit, while the US has been getting better.

The tundra is rated below the GM and Ford trucks and is tied for 4th with the Ram. I think Yota's quality has been slipping a bit, while the US has been getting better.
I will take my new little Ram 1500, 360 over a Toyota but Toyota does make a good or should I say great little truck, I am just not used to a short box in my new to me very low mileage 99 Ram 4x4 but the wife likes the truck.I miss my 68 Chev I rebuilt the old girl 22 years ago Dam I miss that truck it was a huge part of my life the hound Austin also misses the old girl. The small cab great heater 327, that would kick ass on all the new motors turbo 400 would not burn out like all the new overdrives pulling a boat and camper. I should add I was running a good cam and heads. But way cheaper than a new truck!But the body just rusted away I cried the day the kidney foundation I donated it to pulled it away. I hope someone breathed new life into the old truck. Nothing in the world beets the feeling of blowing the doors of a much newer truck going through Mountain passes in B.C knowing you are pulling more wight too! But I got me a mint 79 Power wagon with less than 70,000miles 440 too Now I have some good heads and a six pack intake should I put them on the truck lol!Na I need pistons and a cam too.that can wait for the Charger ya dukes of hazard fan I grew up with that stuff.

I would not rate a F150 too high if it had the 4.6 it's a toy! just a junk engine that cant pull it's way through a wet paper bag! the 5.4 is okay but cant hold it's own compared to the comp in bigger motors this is just my personal opinion I miss the 390s of old in gas motors of course I am still living in the 70s and I am just 40! I also miss the big 460.
The yota is slipping because it is made in the U.S and Canada Just sloppy workmanship and I don't care attitude.I like the Rams that were made 94 to 2001 then they went really cheap, like all the old Dodges you see my 68 Chev was as technical advanced as a 80 Dodge!

I'm listening to some True Norwegian Black Metal today, in honor of SawTroll.

Varg Vikernes should be out of prison soon. Perhaps a new Burzum record is in the works.......

I would not rate a F150 too high if it had the 4.6 it's a toy! just a junk engine that cant pull it's way through a wet paper bag! the 5.4 is okay but cant hold it's own compared to the comp in bigger motors this is just my personal opinion I miss the 390s of old in gas motors of course I am still living in the 70s and I am just 40! I also miss the big 460.
The yota is slipping because it is made in the U.S and Canada Just sloppy workmanship and I don't care attitude.I like the Rams that were made 94 to 2001 then they went really cheap, like all the old Dodges you see my 68 Chev was as technical advanced as a 80 Dodge!

I pity you poor ppl on that side of pond becouse your trucks havent made any advancement since 70's... i mean, you have what, ~5-6 liter engines and you push out whopping 200-300hp out of them? i mean, even old mercedes have 100kw/liter power ratings and they dont even weight 3,000kg nor have 6 liter engine...

Oh, and fords... :cry:

I swear i will NEVER drive a ford, its just that big POS... I like my reliable japan made toyota landcruiser (hj61) way too much to wreck my nerves with something english made...

:sucks:

Train drivers here have instructions on what to do if they encounter a Volvo on the line, Basically kiss their ass goodbye:cheers:

Dam this thread got off topic! Sorry Troll!:)

No problem - and I am over 50 now, but have had that Volvo since 1998. I just love it, and probably will keep it 'till there is no hope - it is an "express train" on the roads here (never mind the speed limits).

I don't buy new cars often - the one I had before that, I had for 13 years, and that was a Ford.......:popcorn:

Last edited:
Modded muffler on MS361!

I finally got around to put the "Andy muffler" on the MS361 last saturday, after harvesting some wood the day before.

After a good warm-up session, before and after cuts were made in 11 and 14" birch, and my counting (no stop-watch or video) indicate a 10-15 percent speed gain. :clap::clap:

The cuts were made with a 15" bar, 36RSC, 8-pin rim, at 14500rpm WOT settings.

I experiensed little or no sound gain - which is a bit surpricing.....

Last edited:
I finally got around to put the "Andy muffler" on the MS361 last saturday, after harvesting some wood the day before.

After a good warm-up session, before and after cuts were made in 11 and 14" birch, and my counting (no stop-watch or video) indicate a 10-15 percent speed gain. :clap::clap:

The cuts were made with a 15" bar, 36RSC, 8-pin rim, at 14500rpm WOT settings.

I experiensed little or no sound gain - which is a bit surpricing.....

About bloody time!
Well done!:greenchainsaw:

It is true that my hearing is really bad, thanks to guns and rock music. :givebeer:
If I could I would go back in time and make sure I had on good ear muffs wile shooting Gophers. I am sure it did some damage as I always had great hearing some would say selective hearing. But I had left many a shoot or range with my ears ringing, especially when there is two of you, my bud's fave was a .243 necked down to .22 dam loud crack to it, of course my own 6mm was a little loud too when firing 150 rounds a day at them Richardson Ground Squirrels!

Latest posts

Back