Hi All, New to the Board

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The WoodButcher

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I just got a sawmill about four months ago and have found myself doing alot of tree work:rock: Figured I better get in the know sooner than later.Nice to meet you all.:jester:
The WoodButcher

New

Waht kind of a set-up do you have? We all love pictures! Welcome to the sight.

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll enjoy the company. We all seem to have an extreme addiction to milling and you'll see/read about all different types of mill's being used.

I'm currently using a Stihl 066/36" alaskan along with a Ripsaw. What type mill are you using?

hello woodbutcher... welcome to AS, glad you're joining us. I can't seem to run your video, its probly my end, will try later. Keep us posted on what you're doing with that lumbermate 2000. Looks like a nice setup. btw... I don't watch much TV either. :)

sloth9669 said:
...waht does that machine cost to buy ??

I got 4.8K which is cheap .... I think, man it can cut 1/16" thin. Looks like a top machine. Bandsaw style, I wonder how much a new band would cost? Only $20! That's what your blog says, that's friggin cheap too then. I wonder why more people arent getting these?

How about timber accuracy, like how accurate is the sheet you cut in thickness etc?

Out of all the mills I've seen that one seems smart and affordable.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Norwood_Lum...mill_with_13HP_Honda_OHV_Engine-prod-25711536

http://www.norwoodindustries.com/product.aspx?prodID=1000&cID=1002

Very acurate

:biggrinbounce2: Hi EKKa, This thing is unreal, it does everything they say it will. It cuts within 1/32" on all cuts. I have only had it 4 or 5 months now but it cuts very true. It goes thru blades kinda fast but you get 6 or 8 sharpenings out of each blade. You get about 350 BF out of a blade. :blob2:
The WoodButcher

The WoodButcher said:
:biggrinbounce2: Hi EKKa, This thing is unreal, it does everything they say it will. It cuts within 1/32" on all cuts. I have only had it 4 or 5 months now but it cuts very true. It goes thru blades kinda fast but you get 6 or 8 sharpenings out of each blade. You get about 350 BF out of a blade. :blob2:
The WoodButcher

How do you sharpen a bandsaw blade?

and is it only $20 for a new one?

Mate, that's only 31 thou variation, 0.75mm for the metricated, superb. What's the finish like, smooth, unlike a chainsaw for sure, can you get some close up pics of the finish on hard and softwood.

I honestly think that there's nothing like that here, and perhaps, just perhaps a potential market.

The log dia could be an issue though. What do you do when you get a fat bugger, knock it smaller with a chainsaw till it fits the jig???.
Come on you milling guys, what's the ups and downs of this one.

Blade life

The blades sharpen in about 5 minutes with the norwood sharpener. It's $285.00 for a box of 10 blades. The cuts are so smooth it's hard to call it rough cut lumber, thats with a new blade. When the blade get dull you start getting the washboard effect. 31" x 23' is all the log I care to handle, if they are bigger than that they need to call someone else :laugh: I'll try to get some close up pix for you real soon of the finish cut. I paid $7,400 for the mill you can get them cheaper but they will work you to death if you dont have some of the accessories. Here is a link http://norwoodindustries.com/ to there site, Please tell them The WoodButcher sent you. :clap:

What's a BF? Like what is a board foot???

Also, you mill off a bunch of slabs, then what, like turn them 90 degrees to make them certain sizes? Is that done one by one??

Latest posts

Back