Hi all

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_fillman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, My name is Dave Fillman. I have been operating chainsaws since the 1970s. Homelite XL-12s back then, Stihls, Echos and West Bend 820 powered Roots currently. One of the XL-12s still runs. I use the smaller saws about 90% of the time. Anything 18" and up brings the 32" Root out. I have up to 36" dead Ash all over my 15 acre property. I am here looking for some help with the old bender saws. 3" clutches were the biggest problem but I think I have that sorted out to a major extent.

1687535225703.jpeg

Hi, My name is Dave Fillman. I have been operating chainsaws since the 1970s. Homelite XL-12s back then, Stihls, Echos and West Bend 820 powered Roots currently. One of the XL-12s still runs. I use the smaller saws about 90% of the time. Anything 18" and up brings the 32" Root out. I have up to 36" dead Ash all over my 15 acre property. I am here looking for some help with the old bender saws. 3" clutches were the biggest problem but I think I have that sorted out to a major extent.
Welcome to AS fellow Keystoner. York Co here. Like mentioned check out the stickies or just start a thread in chainsaw with any questions you may have. I have a few older saws that we get out and play with every now and then. Mostly Stihl's for everyday cutting though.

Latest posts

Back