Hi my name is Dave....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watchamakalit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
And I have been cutting wood for about 2yrs now. I know I have a problem some call it an addiction but I love it. I found this site about 2-3months ago and have been quietly reading and learning since.

I am currently unable to use my woodstove due to living with my folks while I am mid-divorce. But once things clear up I plan to buy a house, hook up my fisher, and enjoy the wood I have been stockpiling.

And for anyone who argues that this isn't addictive.... When I started I had a mini mac 6 that belonged to my grandpa. I wanted something bigger and got it for a christmas gift via my grandma (40cc 18" crapsman). So now I had 2 saws. And they worked well till I started getting into bigger rounds and found the crapsman just didn't have the kajonies needed to cut them. So I started shopping. In the process I found a splitter so I had to buy it. And 2 days ago I scored a Pro Mac 700 on craigslist. So now I have 3 saws and a splitter all because I love to cut wood. My friends think I have lost it so I have come here for therapy.

Just thought since this was my first meeting I should introduce myself and give a little background. I hope you guys here a woodannon can help with my addiction.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Coming here for your CAD is like going to a crack dealer for your drug addiction.LOL:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: Yeah you can be helped here but it's going to be very expensive. Oh and by the way welcome aboard AS.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

You're In the Wrong Place For Therapy

This place is like a drug house to a crackhead. The only thing you're going to find on here are other addicts and more things to get addicted to. :)

youll find friends here. i know no one personally who does really enjoy cutting wood. well other than the guys on the site. everyone thinks im crazy too but thats ok no one bothers the crazy guy with 5 chainsaws lol, Mike

Welcome to AS! Now sit back, grab a beer and prepare to spend large sums of money. Starting to think that burning wood isn't so cheap after all.
Husky what do you mean only 5?

Welcome! You keep using slang like that, I just may start to like you. Hope divorce goes well, they suck, but in a year or so, you will be a much happier fella.

P,S. After you folks lost Bobby Knight, it went downhill from there!!!:deadhorse:

everyone thinks im crazy too but thats ok no one bothers the crazy guy with 5 chainsaws lol, Mike

OK...a couple things. People think I'm also crazy but I don't mind, I just smile and go back to sawing. And yes you're right no one bothers the crazy guy, but you never really know for sure, they might. But....no one for sure would bother the crazy guy with five chainsaws, so I'm glad you added that part.

Happy woodcutting

OK...a couple things. People think I'm also crazy but I don't mind, I just smile and go back to sawing. And yes you're right no one bothers the crazy guy, but you never really know for sure, they might. But....no one for sure would bother the crazy guy with five chainsaws, so I'm glad you added that part.

Happy woodcutting

i am crazy ,have 5 saws only 3 run, an no one messes with me. lifes GOOD

This is a very funny topic. I was just thinking about starting a thread about this myself. I am in the same position....I LOVE cutting wood!!!! I have an OWB and usually burn 10 to 12 cords a year. I have went crazy and cut about 40 cords already this year and plan to keep going. Everyone says that I have a problem and I need to find something to do that is enjoyable. I always say "cutting wood is enjoyable to me and it is lots of fun". I get the dumbest looks from people when I say that. My wife jokingly says she will divorce me if I keep bringing wood home. I always say " you like being warm don't you?" She and many other people will just never understand how much fun I think it is. I really like this site because all you other fellow "cutters" seem to have the same problem. Glad to know that I have someone on my side.:cheers:

Hey, i'm with you! It seems to calm me down and relieve stress when you just hear the saw buzz for a while. Or swinging the go-devil works the same too. I can work my butt off, be dog tired, and yet be happy as ever. Its like meditation i guess. Its also a cure to my hot rodding too. i can't afford to work on cars anymore (marriage, home, kid), so this is somewhat cheaper and gets me the same thrills. You can upgrade your stuff. Look for deals on bigger saws, and find ways to suit your power craze.....and still do it at less cost than with cars. And less tickets too.... And usually a good saw will bring its money back...not old junky cars.

thanks for all the welcomes guys. I am lucky to have supportive parents. My mom repeatedly bags on my ex-wife and my dad just sits back and shakes his head everytime I pull the rope on the saw or the splitter. My folks have about 4 acres of woods that I have been working on cleaning up. Dad has gotten to the point in life where he feels if it isn't in the way don't cut it up. I have taken over for him and have about 2 cords cut and am not about to stop.

Whachmakalit...
Welcome aboard dave... I have recently become involved with the forrestress as well. It is quite enjoyable. My wife has a wood burning fetish with our wonderful soapstone stove. I have found that I am almost done with my first 1.5 gallons in my Stihl MS290. That is quite a bit of firewood if you ask me. Not sure of the Cord value. THe stack is about 6.5 ft tall two pallets and an extra row wide and about 2.5 pallets deep. Not bad if you ask me. A nice mix of everything from willow to locust and everything inbetween. I will add photos of the forrestress later.

I do also have to agree that splitting wood is great therapy. I am a corporate trainer and working inside all week long kills me. There is a parking lot and around it ther are many trees. Most are starting to die off. I have even thought about cutting wood on my lunch break. Does that make me sick? :angry2:

Dave? I have been in your shoes, this is what happened to me

treejob_057.jpg

just happened, I was just trying to keep warm. There is something to be said about the sound of another split log landing on the pile. I don't know what that something is cause I am deaf from running all those saws.

allright then, nice to meet you and to make sure i beat them all to the punch: about that pic? I know:deadhorse: But dam I look good!

welcome...in a few months (or less)you will start suffering from CAD ( Chainsaw Addiction Disorder) :help: followed closely by EWS ( Empty Wallet Syndrome) :help: closely coupled with EBAS (Empty Bank Account Syndrome) :help: and you thought your divorce was expensive.... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
welcome

Latest posts

Back