hi, quick question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Moonshine

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hello everybody! Im just starting out as a arborist in training and was hoping some one might tell me if the climbing kits on sites like, bailysonline or wespur, are any good?

example:

This kit includes:
Bucklite 2-3/4" Titanium Climbers
Buckingham Velcro Climber Pads
Weaver Gaff Guards
Maxi-Flip Wire-Core Flipline
Petzl Macrograb Rope Grab
Petzl Am'D Carabiner (Triact)
Weaver Canvas Arborist's Gear Bag

is there any thing here you would not use? or love using?

thanks.

hello everybody! Im just starting out as a arborist in training and was hoping some one might tell me if the climbing kits on sites like, bailysonline or wespur, are any good?

example:

This kit includes:
Bucklite 2-3/4" Titanium Climbers
Buckingham Velcro Climber Pads
Weaver Gaff Guards
Maxi-Flip Wire-Core Flipline
Petzl Macrograb Rope Grab
Petzl Am'D Carabiner (Triact)
Weaver Canvas Arborist's Gear Bag

is there any thing here you would not use? or love using?

thanks.
Sounds good you would use all of it.How many foot flipline? You need a climbing line and saddle too.

Much of it boils down to personal preference based on experience trying different stuff. Have never used titanium climbers; happy with my Kleins. Also have never used Velcro pads. Dunno if sawdust / wood chips would be an issue with them. I'm not fond of a wire core flipline, but others may consider them the bees knees. Didn't see a saddle listed in the kit you posted. Do you have one already? I like Triact biners, and had a micrograb for a lanyard adjuster for many years. I use Rubbermaid rough totes to store climbing and rigging gear. You will probably eventually lose the gaff guards....like I did. Good luck with the training.

I got the combo kit from WesSpur, havent used it alot and I am still learning, but the kit was the best priced of anyone, and seems to be all quality products.
$729 was the kit I purchased, had 3 biners, rope, split tail, wire core lanyard, saddle, throw line, bag and spurs.....
I am buying other things separately like a rigging rope and block/ whoopie, and a second climbing line. I have been getting locking snaps off of old safety harness and other equipment that are discarded at my other job. Nothing that's handled a fall, just dirty or frayed lanyard. I will make a second lanyard and equipment lanyards with these locking snaps to save the money.

Latest posts

Back