High Compression??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I passionate about everything but dark beer,bombass cake and bourbon. Good lookin women are a nightmare, I know I've bn married to one for 20 years. Wish I would have got me a biggun who cooks and splits wood and works cows, all at the same time while holding a baby and a sandwich.

:wtf: No dark beer, fat women, bombass cake, or bourbon? :buttkick:
Best things in life. Takes some time to realize it.

Back to the engine size debate. You're obviously not making an engine "larger" as engine size is defined by bore X stroke, period. But you are capturing more volume with a lower exhaust. So you MAY make more power because you are burning a bigger charge for each revolution.

As you all already know, 2 strokes are different than 4 strokes in a lot of ways. The fact that the valves open and close based on piston position creates many more variables (should say different) than a 4 stroke.

Of course, if the case volume is different, the transfers are different, the intake is different, you may or may not fill that extra volume.

My point here is that increasing the swept volume from a lower exhaust may help make more power in certain models and that the increased charge volume may be part of that secret.

I have 2 ported 026 here with the same bore. One at 103.5 with 225 psi and one at 99 with 200 psi. The 103.5 has bigger ports and raised transfers. The 99 has smaller ports and no transfer or chamber work at all. Same carb, muffler, bar size, chain, air cleaner, etc...

The 99 sounds cooler, revs higher and has little lugging power. The 103.5 is happier at a lower rpm and has a lot more low end. I can dog the saw in hardwood with the bar buried and just keep cutting. The 99 will bog out in the same situation.

The above may also be a byproduct of my chitty port work, of course.

Just yesterday I took a 90cc saw that had 230lb at 102, switched cylinders to one that had 035 less removed from the squish band and ported as close to the same as I can get one with the same piston, it was 205lb at 100 deg. And with a 24" bar,the 205lb cylinder is night and day stronger than the other now maybe the size of the transfers from raising one more than the other is the difference, intakes were filled to the same numbers also. The way I do them 200 to 210 is where there the strongest but the way another guy does it perhaps 230 is strongest for him, 2 of the same saws with same numbers from 2 different builders can run very different.

Latest posts

Back