Hitachi 32 cc Top Handle Chainsaw - 159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold several of those Hitachi's and found them to be a dog out of the box. Remove the cat from the muffler, enlarge the muffler outlet, advance the timing, and retune and it will be a totally different saw. Runs real close to a stock 192 at that point. There are a few tree services using them because for the price it sure beats dropping a $600 saw on the ground.

I sold several of those Hitachi's and found them to be a dog out of the box. Remove the cat from the muffler, enlarge the muffler outlet, advance the timing, and retune and it will be a totally different saw. Runs real close to a stock 192 at that point. There are a few tree services using them because for the price it sure beats dropping a $600 saw on the ground.

Bet that homelite xl you've got has more juice though.

If I knew how to advance the timing, I think that is a good idea...but still the 192 has weight and slenderness on its side.

I have this saw it's no pro saw for sure, balanced pretty poorly, the plastic really is **** and God does it leak oil like no tomorrow. But for the price if you make the mistake you can get your money worth out of it leaving it by the wood chipper or just using around the house. I've climbed and done two trees with it, soft wood no problem, hard wood pretty ugly but it will get it down before the sun sets. Idk it's really not great but if you want something cheap and don't plan to saw for hours i would still recommend a 193 or something comparable in echo or husky lol.

Latest posts

Back