Hmmm... who wants to try this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about that technique last week when I had to load some large pieces of wood. Decided to do a hand truck up a double length of scaffolding planks with a support in the middle. Slower and more saw work, but it did the trick.

Maybe he needs them to be that length?
Good points. I never thought of this guy being a logger for a sawmill. In that case, yeah, he needs 8' to 9' logs minimum. And, around here, the mills want no less than 14" in diameter.

Today I loaded on my Ranger a full load of 6' lengths of green (wet) ash by hand for firewood. I'm glad it was all under 12" in diameter. Dang, that stuff is heavy when it's green. Honey, where's my Aleve?

I showed this clip to one of my logger buddies. He was rather impressed at the ingenuity. Then he said, "Edwin, now you know why I dropped $10 grand on a used picker truck."

Andy can hoist and load 5-ton logs with it if needed. Last month he handed me 11 ash logs that were 8' to 12' in length. Each was no less than 18" dia. and one was 28" dia., but the sawmill won't accept ash logs here anymore thanks to the EAB. His picker truck handled them like they were tinker toys. These logs will process into some of the best firewood that I've ever sold. :)

Latest posts

Back