Ho...Ho... Ho....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawin

Cranky Ole' Man
Reaction score
Actually nothing to do with any Ho s...

I have a Kombi 130, (4 mix). Probably 2+ hours on it. No longer under warranty. Been sick and really just started using it with the blower to clear snow. Not as neat as a shovel, but gives a passable path with a lot less effort and time.

Anyway, my problem is that it is giving me a constant shock, (as in electrical), when I use it. Getting to be enough of a shock as to be uncomfortable on my hand.

Going to look at it tomorrow...any tips on what to look for? 'pre-ciate it!

Yes, the ground/kill wire close to the shaft is the culprit, call the dealer,
if he does not go crazy to fix it, let us know. He will........Soon.....

Or it is haunted.......... Either way, they will take care of it..........

Post the serial number for quicker results.......

First check the spark plug wire from end to end, it might have a worn spot where it's grounding out to the body of the engine. If so, just wrap some electrical tape over it. I'm not familiar with that model, but is the kill-switch located right near the throttle where you're holding onto it? If so, the more likely explanation might be that snow from your hands is melting and the water is getting in around the switch and shorting out the spark, giving you a nice 10kV+ shock. If it's not either of those, time to look at the coil itself I guess.

I put an aftermarket coil on a Homelite 240 and it had a hard rubber POS sparkplug boot it was arcing slightly on the case. In the dark corner of my garage I could see it. In the bright sun I couldnt see it but I sure could feel it. Fire it up in the dark and see what you can see.:dizzy:

I put an aftermarket coil on a Homelite 240 and it had a hard rubber POS sparkplug boot it was arcing slightly on the case. In the dark corner of my garage I could see it. In the bright sun I couldnt see it but I sure could feel it. Fire it up in the dark and see what you can see.:dizzy:

Good point, my 090's plug wire was arcing out on the air filter cover and causing it to misfire all the time. I could never figure out WTF was going on because the wire looked perfect, until one day I fired it up in the basement after working on it and the blue spark was quite visible in the lower light.

Good point, my 090's plug wire was arcing out on the air filter cover and causing it to misfire all the time. I could never figure out WTF was going on because the wire looked perfect, until one day I fired it up in the basement after working on it and the blue spark was quite visible in the lower light.

I messed with that 240 for a day. Off and on I would run it outside cutting wood and couldnt find it. By accident I started it in garage and seen it. I wish I could start saws in my basement. Alot warmer than garage right now. Wife would KILL me if I cranked one up down there. ;)

Serial No. = 269409401

"call the dealer,
if he does not go crazy to fix it, let us know. He will........Soon"

Wow! Do you know someone. that knows someone, that has a cousin named Guido?:hmm3grin2orange:

"Or it is haunted.......... Either way, they will take care of it.........."

The only ting haunted is my brain...I think...when I can locate it...:crazy1:
Not under warranty. Why would they take care of it?

"If so, the more likely explanation might be that snow from your hands is melting and the water is getting in around the switch and shorting out the spark, giving you a nice 10kV+ shock."

Now that is within my mechanical abilities to remedy...I think...maybe....:dunno:

Latest posts

Back