Hogzilla, monster tree eating machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mga

wandering
Reaction score
i happen to catch this on the science channel the other night on the show called "Really Big Things".

awsome machine....supposedly, you can drop a whole tree in there and it comes out ground mulch:

TCII-1564P.jpg

http://www.hogzilla.com/

Last edited:
I've seen similar ones at the town dump, where they would drop in tree stumps and shoot out piles of mulch, free for the taking.

That's a big tub grinder. You gotta watch out for flying debris. Especially when the stumps go in.

they're dropping pallets in there as in the picture. i guess anything wood is food for this machine.

however, why not take those wood chips, compress them with a 500 ton press, into rectangular blocks...about the size of firewood, and use that to burn?

just seems like a waste of wood fuel making wood chips.

If you run it through once more it makes great mulch. Most red mulch you can buy at big box stores is shredded pallets.

That's a big tub grinder. You gotta watch out for flying debris. Especially when the stumps go in.

+1 yep I have seen them chuck large pieces of wood hundreds of feet in the air if it gets jambed on something or as it snaps a large branch.

Latest posts

Back