Holzfforma chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Going to try out some of this chain. It looks decently sharp out of the box, with about average grinding quality. The drive links are heavily dimpled to hold oil, as well as an oil hole in each d.l.
Don't know if this is an advantage or disadvantage, it means less bearing surface and perhaps faster wear? Will find out in the future when it's no longer serviceable because the teeth are too short.

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_114929.jpg
    IMG_20191108_114929.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20191108_112428.jpg
    IMG_20191108_112428.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
Not a bad looking grind there’s no curve or half circle we’re the grinder stopped the gullet looks decent too. I like it. Usually I need to file in the gullet right away with a new chain from the top brands. This chain is close to being done gullet wise that gets my vote. A few quick passes in the gullet she’s ready to test. I have reels of .404” chain from holzfforma

I haven’t opened up yet to inspect. The visiting nurses and therapists are taking up most of my time now. After my injury I’m coming back. Doing dumb bells so I can start the saws.

I use a 7/32” or a 1/4” file by itself in the gullet below the cutter. Then a 7/32” file with a file n guide to sharpen the cutter part of the tooth. Follow the top angle of the tooth and the scribed line on the file n guide holder to sharpen the upper tooth.

they may stretch? so it may be wise to to use an appropriate depth gauge? the deeper you cut the more stress is put on the links/ rivets etc resulting in stretching .

Back