HolzHauzen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had my son and his buddy, build a 10 foot diameter holzhauzen to help speed dry their firewood that they will be selling next winter. well it is a thourough pain in the ass.. trying to keep the perimeter stack level (as in pieces not wanting to slope down..) we have it about 4 feet high and deep.. and lost a sidewall. grrrrrr.
We have found it takes to long to stack and unload the trailer.. we will be reverting back to stacking traditional ways.. between Tee post for end anchors.
I know the hot house theory will dry it faster.. But I also know it kills us for time in unloading the wagon.
\ we cut split and haul in and stack a not quite a half cord per hour.. which I think is pretty good considering these are tree tops not logs. so there is some round wood in the mix.
I am helping the boys so they can make some good money. sure beats bagging groceries for minimum wage.,
Oh plus the kicker.. I provide the firewood and they cut me a load for every 2-3 of theirs.. somedays I get a load per the four they got.. LOL

thanks, i kind of thought that's what it was as a local garden center that sells a large amount of firewood often stacks wood this way. i thouhg it was for show. however, the one time that i bought firewood from them, i couldn't get it to burn.

Latest posts

Back