Home made case splitter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi, Peeps!

I've been tinkering with this project for a while. I've split a number of cases to date, but they have all been pretty messy affairs. Tired of constantly tempting fate with my chainsaw cases, I decided to built a splitter. Also, I've promised to get Al Glick (a member here) a decent 372 crankshaft, so that's driving my schedule now. I'm late, as usual... sorry Al!! I work out of town, so my life does include a lot of "sweeping through and grabbing a few things." Poor Magnus has been waiting about two months for some Partner pictures. Anyhoo, check out the pics. If it works ok, I'll expand the back hole and use heavy gauge washers to make it a bit more universal.

The bar steel is welded up with a 110 Mig welder (gas shielded) and a gear puller provides the "push." Think it'll work?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thats much better looking than the one I made! I gabbed a piece of angle iron and drilled 2 holes for the bar studs and one larger hole to clear the end of the crank. It work perfect, so I know yours will work even better.

That happens to me a lot too,just about finish a project and see ways I could have improved it.

Nice job on the case splitter. I like to make most of my speciality tools also and have an idea of good workmanship, looks like it will work well with more than one brand of chainsaws. Thanks for sharing.
Pioneerguy600

That thing will never fly(inside joke) but it looks like it will split cases apart just fine. Take some pics of those welds so we can see your new skill Andre. I should have you make me one. I have the angle iron with holes drilled. Yours looks super nice. Great Job!:)

You have the soul of an artist Andre-- my homemade one cant hold a candle to it---- but I did paint it fancy metalflake grey!! good work as always !!
I will look for that 394 piston tomorrow-----

Latest posts

Back