Homelite 150 totally restored!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Poppet

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi chainsaw enthusiasts! I just got this saw done today! I restored this saw for very dear friends as a surprise. Her name is "Lolly", a play on the owners last name, rather fitting. She looked just like the red and black 150 I have pictured, except that is my "Eggbert". I've lost the orignal pics of her due to a computer crash! She looked identical to "Eggbert" though. Anyways, I cleaned, prepped, sanded, polished, sanded some more, painted, and painted some more. Haha! BTW, the recoil and air filter covers are not off of a different 150, we painted them white. Also, I hand painted the raised Homelite lettering on the air filter cover and the bar cover. My husband made the "Lolly" sticker. The bar pattern I made up and thought it would mimic the air filter cover. All in all, I'm really happy with how she turned out!!! I told my friends that they won't find another 150 out there that looks like this one! :)
-Michelle

Looks great:msp_thumbsup:

The 150 doesn't get a lot of love around here, but props to you for a great restore. Looks better than new.

That displays some real talent and patience, nice work! I wish I still had one of my old 150's, you need a nice original Homelite chain to put on that one.

Very nice job. Definitly a shelf queen. Inside the house. Don't make her hang out in the cold.

Rep Sent your way.

Nice work, great detail. I have one that looks more like the red "eggbert" you have. It was my dads saw, first saw I ever ran. Glad to see a 150 getting a little love.

That displays some real talent and patience, nice work! I wish I still had one of my old 150's, you need a nice original Homelite chain to put on that one.

I hope that safety chain is only for demonstration purposes. :msp_wink: It's really got to go.

You ruined it! Completely made that saw unusable. Who would ever take it in the woods? It'll spend the rest of its days on a coffee table or mantle.

Now that said, pretty nice work for a girl. With that attention to detail, I am willing to let you make my 1966 Mustang all purdy like that.

You been lookin at (MR) Poppets profile eh?

We need more members like that.

Nice work there, wish my "better half" would join in.

She can paint the hell out of concrete statuary, but just shakes her head in disgust when gazing upon me saws:bang:

Thank you!!! I love them there 150's!!! That bar and chain came off of my "Eggbert" so we swapped it for the "Lolly". The people I gave her to actually have her on display in their house on their mantel! The chain was just for display purposes, they said she would never see wood! Haha! Thanks again! :)

You ruined it! Completely made that saw unusable. Who would ever take it in the woods? It'll spend the rest of its days on a coffee table or mantle.

Now that said, pretty nice work for a girl. With that attention to detail, I am willing to let you make my 1966 Mustang all purdy like that.

Haha! Thanks! My husband is an automotive restoration technician who is currently restoring a 1968 Shelby! Kinda ironic!!! :)

You been lookin at (MR) Poppets profile eh?

We need more members like that.

Nice work there, wish my "better half" would join in.

She can paint the hell out of concrete statuary, but just shakes her head in disgust when gazing upon me saws:bang:

Ha! That's funny! Thanks for the compliment! I love saws sooo much that I have 6 in my living room and just brought 1 in from the garage last night to put it in my bedroom on my bookshelf! I need them in every room of my house! :)

Latest posts

Back