Homelite 150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighank

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on an old Homelite 150 chainsaw. Maybe late 60's early 70's model. Buddy says it has a 150cc engine and only a 14 inch bar from the factory. Sounds a little odd that they would put a 14 inch bar on that big of an engine. Can anyone give any info on this saw?

My Dad had a Homelite 150 back in the late 70's. I wish I had a dollar for every cord of firewood that little saw cut! He ran the hell out of it and never had to do a thing to it other than add fluids and sharpen the chain. He bought it on the recommendation of a utility lineman acquaintance. They were running them on the local utility company trucks and just couldn't kill them.

Try to buy that saw!

BigHank

Only ever seen a few of those saws. If it's a homelite 150 from the early 1960's, it's 133cc not 150cc. They had bigger bars, up to 22 inches. Why this has a 14 is unknown but I wouldn't want to hang on to it. The saw, if it runs, is probably worth about 2k.

150 HAS A 43.3CC I'LL HAVE SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE SMOKIN THOUGH PLEASE
attachment.php

BigHank

If it's a homelite 150 from the early 1960's, it's 133cc not 150cc. They had bigger bars, up to 22 inches. Why this has a 14 is unknown but I wouldn't want to hang on to it. The saw, if it runs, is probably worth about 2k.

:monkey:

Dan

I have a 150 auto, was my grandpa's. use to think it was the best saw in the world. he had a blue one at first, don't remember what happen to it. then he bought the red what i have now. fired it up the other day cutting w/it and fuel started to run out everywhere. fuel lines dry rotted, now i cant get the casing apart seems the screws are seized in the magnesium. still working on it!!

fuel lines dry rotted, now i cant get the casing apart seems the screws are seized in the magnesium. still working on it!!

Stooooooppppppppp!!!!! Don't try to split the fuel tank on the housing. Its bonded and you'll mess it up big time. If you need to replace the fuel line, you pull the motor out of the body housing to get access to the carb. Cut the new line at an angle. Remove the air filter cover and under the air filter you'll see the line where it exits the tank and enters the housing to go to the carb. Just feed the new line through the holes and pull it with needle-nosed pliers.

Dan

BigHank

Only ever seen a few of those saws. If it's a homelite 150 from the early 1960's, it's 133cc not 150cc. They had bigger bars, up to 22 inches. Why this has a 14 is unknown but I wouldn't want to hang on to it. The saw, if it runs, is probably worth about 2k.
PM me your address. I feeling generous today and will let you have the three or four Homie 150's that I have for a mere 1000 bucks.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back