Homelite 2000 for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcowboy1974

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Still have the Homelite 2000 for sale. Saw is complete. Has no spark, and fuel lines are shot. Also a piece missing from the bottom of the clutch cover. Lastly the top ear of where the bucking spike bolts on is broke off. Other than that it is in good shape. Asking $250.00 plus shipping! Will try to figure out how to post pics of it. Or I can email them to whoever is interested. Pm me, email at [email protected]. Thanks!

smcowboy1974 said:
Still have the Homelite 2000 for sale. Saw is complete. Has no spark, and fuel lines are shot. Also a piece missing from the bottom of the clutch cover. Lastly the top ear of where the bucking spike bolts on is broke off. Other than that it is in good shape. Asking $250.00 plus shipping! Will try to figure out how to post pics of it. Or I can email them to whoever is interested. Pm me, email at [email protected]. Thanks!
Am I missing something here?

clearance said:
Am I missing something here?

Scott,

Is this the saw the saw you bought from Scott and are the pics I posted the saw that you want to sell ?

Bill

Scott,

I assume you will be at the show in Baraboo Saturday. It is just a short trip down the road from you. I will be there with some Homelites 2100, 3100, 1100, C series, and such. Bring the 2000 and some other saws and have some fun.

Bill

2000 auto

Yep still asking $250.00 for it. One in good shape went for $645.00 on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Another one went last week in about the shape of mine for $280.00 plus shipping. So I have to at least get $250.00 plus shipping! Thanks!

smcowboy1974 said:
Yep still asking $250.00 for it. One in good shape went for $645.00 on ebay about 3 weeks ago. Another one went last week in about the shape of mine for $280.00 plus shipping. So I have to at least get $250.00 plus shipping! Thanks!

I guess I missed seeing those. What were the item numbers ?

Thanks,
Bill

If you have to get Ebay money then you probably have to put it on Ebay. That saw in that condition would be a hard local sale at $100. Good luck. You need a bigger audience then this group. They seem to high grade their stuff and low grade yours.

Justsaws said:
If you have to get Ebay money then you probably have to put it on Ebay. That saw in that condition would be a hard local sale at $100. Good luck. You need a bigger audience then this group. They seem to high grade their stuff and low grade yours.

It appears he sold the saw. I never did her back nor see him at the show last weekend.

smcowboy1974 said:
I still have the Homelite 2000 for sale. Email me if interested. [email protected]

Once again I am puzzled. If it is still for sale then why have my calls not been returned ?

Also you stated

Originally Posted by smcowboy1974

I asked what those item numbers were but you did not respond, Please let me know what those auction numbers were as I would love to see them.

Bill

:laugh:

Bill, someone once said something to me that I think applies in this situation......"If you can't dazzle them with details, baffle them with Bull$^%^&!"

Although in this case like you, I'm not baffled

Joe

Baffling with B.S.?

Sorry If you guys think I'm trying to baffle you with B.S. Maybe if somebody who I got the saw from on here wouldn't have baffled me with B.s. I wouldn't be selling the saw. I was told it had spark, when it arrived it didn't. I wasn't told that the clutch cover had a piece missed from it either. So believe what you want to. I was under the impression all I had to do was replace the fuel lines, and I would have a running saw, and maybe some carb work. But it didn't arrive that way. I don't want to bother with it, so I'm just trying to find someone who has the patience to work on it. I don't. And Get what I paid for it! Sorry if you think I'm baffling you with B.s. I'm not!

Is this a standard 2000 or is it an E or P model? Also is the air cleaner cover the original or is it off of a c-series saw? How is compression?

smcowboy1974 said:
Sorry If you guys think I'm trying to baffle you with B.S. Maybe if somebody who I got the saw from on here wouldn't have baffled me with B.s. I wouldn't be selling the saw. I was told it had spark, when it arrived it didn't. I wasn't told that the clutch cover had a piece missed from it either. So believe what you want to. I was under the impression all I had to do was replace the fuel lines, and I would have a running saw, and maybe some carb work. But it didn't arrive that way. I don't want to bother with it, so I'm just trying to find someone who has the patience to work on it. I don't. And Get what I paid for it! Sorry if you think I'm baffling you with B.s. I'm not!

Hey, I've offered two ways to give you a totall refund. Send it back to me for a full refund or sell it, I've even offered to pay the difference if you can't manage to sell it for $250!

Now, being fall, I know I can move that saw more than you're asking for it.

How many pictures did I send you of that saw? Does this one not show a broken clutch cover?
attachment.php

When I hold a spark plug in my hand and pull the saw over if it shocks me it has spark. No doubt about it. I don't know if this one maybe needs a plug or the spark is weak for some reason, but it shocked me good!

This saw now has a filter cover from a C-9 on it. The compression is 155psi

Baffling with BS indeed!!

I don't appreciate the bad mouthing. Anybody who's dealt with me knows I'm straight up about the condition of the parts and saws I sell.

You bought a 2000 with good compression and spark that needed minor cosmetic work and a full tune up. It seems insane to me that you would buy a project saw and then not even invest 5 minutes into cleaning the points, and resetting gaps to optimize your spark.

Why do you continue not selling the saw to AS members when I've offered you a full refund? Why not just sell it or send it back?

:censored:

Latest posts

Back