Homelite 240 UT-10630 Pull start issue (Hard pull without plug)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sprocket/clutch drum
3792e3d74f5d0d5ea118e3e746949062.jpg

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

The one on the outside, with the teeth (or what’s left of them)
I have no problems getting that (the clutch drum) off (that is also the one that moves freely). Is it supposed to move freely or turn the flywheel as well? It currently moves freely. The sprocket does not look damaged nor missing anything... here is a picture

Attachments

• 20190912_121924.jpg
    20190912_121924.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 4
Look at the teeth.
They look clean to me (I have never looked specifically at the teeth before as I'm not a regular repair person but I do understand some bits and pieces).
Does this picture work better for you?

Attachments

• 20190912_121943.jpg
    20190912_121943.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 4
They look clean to me (I have never looked specifically at the teeth before as I'm not a regular repair person but I do understand some bits and pieces).
Does this picture work better for you?
Yes, drum is bad!!!! Needs replaced!!!! It’s 3/8 lo pro chain pitch. Your saw has the “S” clutch, which looks good.

Yours looks pretty beat up. New one from Evilbay.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]
The problem with that sprocket is it does not have groves for the chain to go into... I thought those groves were supposed to be there for the chain to catch on to.... see this picture to understand my reference....

Am I not supposed to have those grooves???? That wouldn't make sense.

Attachments

• sprocket grooves.jpg
    sprocket grooves.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
The problem with that sprocket is it does not have groves for the chain to go into... I thought those groves were supposed to be there for the chain to catch on to.... see this picture to understand my reference....

Am I not supposed to have those grooves???? That wouldn't make sense.
A new one has no grooves.

I just bought the chain(s) literally 1 month ago and used one for almost that whole month until close towards having my issue I swapped to the new chain and it cut great at first, but then started having more issues. if they struggle on the new drum I'll change them. my drum is only a 6 point sprocket so i'll do some research on ebay to find the right one since it's obviously not manufactured anymore.

Latest posts

Back