Homelite 26 LCS Coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good coil for a Homelite 26 LCS? This all I need to finish the restoration on this saw.

I see you're restoring an old 26 LCS. I was wondering if you actually have an original style (not converted) correct functioning drive belt on it? If so, would it be too much trouble to ask you to get me the measurement (length & width), and the teeth count for the belt? I have been searching with no luck for a belt for over 14 years now, 21 years total with Dad looking too. Every time someone from these forums mentions using another belt that they got at the parts store, they never give a part number that can be looked up in the system. So for 14 years now, I have had countless number of salespeople with dumbfounded looks on their faces, with no results in my favor. But I have found a possible source for the belts (crossing fingers), but I would like to know exactly what I need in length and teeth. Unfortunately, my pop still has the saw and its supposed to be a surprise. He thinks I stopped looking years ago. Also, he doesn't have the old belt anymore to compare anything to. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I see you're restoring an old 26 LCS. I was wondering if you actually have an original style (not converted) correct functioning drive belt on it? If so, would it be too much trouble to ask you to get me the measurement (length & width), and the teeth count for the belt? I have been searching with no luck for a belt for over 14 years now, 21 years total with Dad looking too. Every time someone from these forums mentions using another belt that they got at the parts store, they never give a part number that can be looked up in the system. So for 14 years now, I have had countless number of salespeople with dumbfounded looks on their faces, with no results in my favor. But I have found a possible source for the belts (crossing fingers), but I would like to know exactly what I need in length and teeth. Unfortunately, my pop still has the saw and its supposed to be a surprise. He thinks I stopped looking years ago. Also, he doesn't have the old belt anymore to compare anything to. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
I got the belt for my saw from Mike Wilson, he is making these belts and they fit perfectly. His email address is [email protected]. He also has the hard to find fuel lines, these dry out over time and are impossible to find. Let me know if you don't get anywhere with the belt and I will try and get a length and number of teeth off my mine I get home. I am travelling so I don't have access to the saw until I get back home.

I got the belt for my saw from Mike Wilson, he is making these belts and they fit perfectly. His email address is [email protected]. He also has the hard to find fuel lines, these dry out over time and are impossible to find. Let me know if you don't get anywhere with the belt and I will try and get a length and number of teeth off my mine I get home. I am travelling so I don't have access to the saw until I get back home.
I got my belt and fuel lines from him also. The belt is 9/16 pitch which is not used anywhere which is why they were so hard to find. He is probably the only source for these anywhere.

Try here. http://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/3174/drive-belts-20mcs-26-lcs

I will get you the belt info of my saw when I get home on Friday if that works for you...

Thanks, I appreciate it. I would like to know if there is anything else out there that would work and if all fails I would go to Mike. At $75 for the belt + $15 shipping, it gets a bit pricey to have multiple belts on hand. So I don't mind getting one but would like to see if I can find one cheaper in case I get in a pinch.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I would like to know if there is anything else out there that would work and if all fails I would go to Mike. At $75 for the belt + $15 shipping, it gets a bit pricey to have multiple belts on hand. So I don't mind getting one but would like to see if I can find one cheaper in case I get in a pinch.
Not really. One can change the pulleys to something more modern ( with a common pitch) but that would have be custom made too, and still no guarantee that a off the shelf belt would fit, as there's no way of tensioning the belt. The ones Mike is selling are made by Gates, very high quality belt. Unless you're doing a lot of cutting (I can't see many doing this) one belt would last a lifetime.

Latest posts

Back