Homelite 330 10592; 3 Needle Carb Adjustments.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRedCornhead

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just need some help in getting the basic settings for tuning this carb! It is so out of whack. Pulled it all apart and replaced the intake boot, but man i can't get the tune reigned in. I need some place to start i have searched it on here and read various threads saying anywhere from 1 turn out on each needle to upwards of 2 and a quarter turns out. Also, how do you go about setting the idle, i read the Madsen tuning guide and thats all well said and written, but he doesnt really insinuate on what to do if the saw will not stay running without having the throttle open. Please let me know and thanks very much.

P.S. I'm at work and unsure if i have the walbro or the zama carb not sure the difference....sorry

BRC

Replacing the intake boot is common on that saw. Check the anti-vibration mounts too, those can be a reason for the boot failure. Yanking on a stuck saw is another.

Rebuild the carb and replace fuel lines. A saw that old needs rubber parts replaced.

Did you check compression? A torn boot makes for a lean running condition.

If you had a cracked intake boot, likely the idle speed screw was backed way off to compensate for it. The butterfly may be completely closed. Turn the screw in to turn the idle up. When I have an older saw that I don't know the preliminary settings, I start with 1-1/2 turns on each and see how it behaves.

Your saw as you said can be fitted with a Walbro WT or a Zama carb. Both mixture default settings on both carbs, are 1 turn open from lightly seated, the idle stop screw should be set to just below clutch engagement with motor at operating temp, readjust mixture screws to obtain smooth idling & no hesitation on throttle opening, a slight burbling out of, but cleanly 2 stroking in the cut at full throttle.

Latest posts

Back