Homelite 360 carburetor adjustment question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason6586

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the factory settings are for my Homelite 360. I'm looking for the high and low carburetor settings.

Thanks in Advance

Why? Is it not running right? Should be in the range of 1 to 1.5 turns on both screws. Anything much outside of that, and you're trying to tune around another problem. Intake boots are very prone to cracking after 25 or so years, and that will cause what seems like carb problems. Ignition is another possible area. Also, the carb itself can have hard or cracked diaphragms in it, or the fuel line might be rotten or collapsing under vacuum. We need more info.

Initially I was having a hard time to start the saw so I tested compression and found that it ranged from 100-105. I didn't quite understand that and thought that my compression tester was maybe faulty. I went and bought a new one and still had a consistent reading of 102. The saw ran and started perfectly up until about a month ago or so. I am thinking i may have ran into a bad batch of gas or something as nothing else about how i operate this saw has changed in over 5 years. So I pulled the p/c off and noticed a bit of wear and what looks like the compression is bypassing the rings. I called an old homelite dealer and asked about parts (he kinda laughed at me) and told me that i was out of luck. So then i did some searching online and found a guy on ebay that goes by (hotrodder_20) that seems to have 10 of every possible part for the 360 and many other saws "he's a lifesaver to me". I contacted him and ordered a used piston and cylinder,new rings, new crank seals, gaskets and carb boot. I got everything in and put it together. I tested compression after it was put together and had a reading of 141 and thought i was in business. I started it and it ran very nice. After that i thought, I have had this thing for at least 12 years and havent ever touched the carb. I took it apart and cleaned it and installed a new kit. Dumb me (it was friday) totally failed to record what the carb was set at. It was a good thing though that i took the carb apart. The needle and seat were getting worn. So now i just want to set the carb back to factory settings so i don't have to go through it again.

Thanks

My manual says 1 and 1/4 turns from lightly seated for both. Of course you'll still have to adjust it from there.

Latest posts

Back