Homelite 909G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jacob,

Regarding spare parts for these 900 series saws, would you happen to have a spare gearcase cover to suit a 990G ?

No gear-case covers here Chris, otherwise I would have already offered. In fact, I have a 990G myself which is also missing the gear case cover and a 909G which has some sort of hackneyed cover. I just don't understand people. How can a person just lose a gear case cover? It's a mystery like all the Pioneer RAs that are missing the top covers.

No gear-case covers here Chris, otherwise I would have already offered. In fact, I have a 990G myself which is also missing the gear case cover and a 909G which has some sort of hackneyed cover. I just don't understand people. How can a person just lose a gear case cover? It's a mystery like all the Pioneer RAs that are missing the top covers.

Yes it is hard to believe. I can't believe that you are in the same boat as me on this one. My saw was owned by a gent who passed away some years ago, and came into the possession of his nephew. The PO obviously was doing some work on the clutch or idler assy, as these parts were also missing.

Here is a pic of the 990G.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I noticed there's a 7-month factory warranty. Maybe Chris needs to call Homelite?

If only I could! There would be so many items in the 'shopping cart' it would not be funny. I would have some good looking Homelites, thats for sure.

Thanks for posting those pics of the 9-23 / 9-26. They are awesome old saws.

Regards,

Chris.

This saw arrived from the US today - a Homelite 909G geardrive saw. She is in pretty good shape, with most components in order, but needs a couple of things repaired to get her in running condition.

Regards,

Chris.

What a monster! I'd love to own one some day, but I doubt I'd be able to use it...

Not an issue...I think I have a gear drive with a kart engine in it that has your name on it. Oh, and a 60" bar. :rockn:

You're killin' me.

Crap, time for another shot. I wish it would dry the hell out, hit 72" for the year this morning, no end in sight. Weird thing about today's rain, it's falling straight down, after being beat by gales and squalls for the last two months, it seems odd.

I am in on the shot!
Well lets say I may be one up on ya!

Oh ya! GEAR DRIVES ROCK!

Latest posts

Back