Homelite 909G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rebuilt the carb today. I have pulled down two of these 900 series saws now, and I am yet to find a saw which has had a carb dirtier (externally) than these big units! They take some cleaning, but come up nice in the end.

Here is a pic of the finished product - a cleaned up and ready to go Tillotson HL119A.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My 900G is sitting in a chaos of yellow chainsaws, it's been asking for rescue.

No problem there Randy - my Homelite shelter is always open to any orphan 900 series saws!

Not an issue...I think I have a gear drive with a kart engine in it that has your name on it. Oh, and a 60" bar. :rockn:

Hmmm...you are less than a days drive away. Too tempting, need more room, maybe next year ;)

I'll bet I does...I also happen to know where there's another NOS General bow bar in Homelite mount.

Dammit. I tried to finagle that 900G from you (without success) over a year ago. Looks like I have some serious competition if you do decide to part with it. Gotta send Cliff the $$$ for that 900D he's selling to me soon, before these fellows throw too much temptation his way as well.:D

Last edited:
I rebuilt the carb today. I have pulled down two of these 900 series saws now, and I am yet to find a saw which has had a carb dirtier (externally) than these big units! They take some cleaning, but come up nice in the end.

Here is a pic of the finished product - a cleaned up and ready to go Tillotson HL119A.

Wooooo, nice pics! I just love chainsaw carbs!

Hope to see that saw up and running soon.

Spent a bit of time with the big Homelite today - mainly cleaning up the parts and seeing what was reuseable or not. There were a few stripped threads in the fuel tank assembly, so I have decided to replace the tank with a spare one I had available. I will repair the threads and use the tank for another project saw.

With the flywheel removed, I was able to access the ignition assy - it also was filthy and keeping with the saws current theme. I gave the components a big clean up, and gapped the points. The ignition is healthy, with a big fat blue spark. The HT lead contact 'spring' inside the plug boot is a little stretched, and was not making good contact with the plug, so I will have to work on that a bit to ensure good contact.

I hope to have the saw completed by tomorrow if time permits.

Regards,

Chris.

Latest posts

Back