Homelite airfilter cover mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with Homelites (such as the Super XL, ect) airfilter cover letting debris in past the filter? I noticed this on my saw, and figgured it was because of the cover only haveing "posts" to seal the filter to the saw. I came up with a solution, but it took a lot of time. I simply made a metal piece in the shape of the filter seal and JB welded it to the posts of the plastic cover. (ill post pics later) Its working for now, but im worried that the JB weld will fail with vibration. Just curious to see if anyone else has "modded" their saw to remedy this problem?

Nope.

I Woulsd suspect an old filter to be the culprit as they tend to curl slightly after 20-30 years:D

Go to your local bike shop and ask for air filter grease. This is a stiff grease (like toothpaste)that wont migrate (oose) into the filter.

Apply it to the bottom of the filter where it meets the case or to the groove/flange that the filter sits in and youll be good to go.

Latest posts

Back