homelite carb help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin711

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently started on my latest project which is a homelite VI super 2.

I am going to rebuild the carb and found it uses the K-10 HDC kit. I have no experience with a carb like this but I notice it has what looks like a reed valve on one side. When I took the cover off on the needle side it has a metal plate with two screws holding it down. I took the 2 screws off and could not figure out how the metal plate comes off. I'm assuming it's just stuck because of how old it is but wanted to ask and see if anyone has any experience before I try things and end up breaking something.

I attached a picture. Anyone know how to take this apart so I can replace gaskets etc?20200229_151525.jpg

The metal disc is the circuit plate and when you take it apart retain the gasket so you can match it with the one of two in the kit.
The two screws remove the plate and 1 gasket underneath.
Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

The carb is very easy to work on but the gasket under the plate needs to be matched correctly or the fuel won't flow properly. If you have it apart you should fully clean it.
[emoji848]Don't leave it alone because if there's any debris in there you'll have to remove the carb and do it again.

Take that cover off, and you will be doing a lot of fun scraping etc. And if your kit doesn't have the correct gasket, then you will have more fun.

Not to start a pissing contest with you but the OEM Walbro kit HAS the correct gasket, if the carb is dry the gasket will come off very easy if not a brass wire brush and carb cleaner easily removes it.
Why do a half a** job?

Not to start a pissing contest with you but the OEM Walbro kit HAS the correct gasket, if the carb is dry the gasket will come off very easy if not a brass wire brush and carb cleaner easily removes it.
Why do a half a** job?

You've never had a carb kit that didn't have the correct circuit plate gasket?

Kevin this is the correct OEM kit you need and it has the proper circuit plate gasket BUT if you buy non OEM they usually offer several different types so you need to match up the correct flow path. The 3rd is aftermarket and has 2 gaskets. I'm out!
e99a6a62003c642c7410d4e6af09403e.jpg
d970a2e68bb3afc1cf511c3d850c0493.jpg

51f6508d3f0767ac876e59d12347789f.jpg

You have never had an HDC carb, and the circuit plate gasket wasn't in the kit? There were several different ones..
That's what happens when you buy a Stern kit, not bad but have several gaskets so you'll need to match that's why I said save it.

Maybe I am thinking about the HDB carbs. It has been a long time back.
Plus I never really worked on those little Homelites, the boss didn't let me.

Didn't mean to make you mad.

Harley I'm not mad I just wanted to point out the difference between the 2. I tried early on to use aftermarket and ran into the very problem we're trying to help Kevin with[emoji106]

I remember dealing with a carb that we couldn't get the correct circuit plate gasket for. It may have been on a Stihl.
We were both a Stihl and a Homelite dealer.
The owner wouldn't let me work on those little Homelites, because we had them new on the shelf for like $70-$80.

Once those two screws are out the metal plate should lift right off? Is there something underneath holding down the needle valve assembly?

The lever is attached to the pin so it should lift out as 1, it may feel stuck by the old gasket, caution with the spring. Everything is similar after that. If you don't have this it's an invaluable resource for Walbro cards.

https://www.walbro.com/service-manuals/

Thank you! I'll see how it goes in a week once I get the gasket kit.

Latest posts

Back