Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Calvin....

Does anybody have service manuals/IPL's for these vintage homies. I'm real interested in finding out which parts interchange between the 700's, 7-21, 6-22, 5-20, etc.

Just got back from a little roadtrip picking up this bad boy--700G. It's condition is what caught my eye. Recoil cover still in place and in nearly perfect shape, carb side cover is there, gear cover not all banged up. Even has real good compression and starts in one or two pulls. Only things missing are the muffler insert and the nut and washer for the sprocket (the sprocket isn't loose though! Anybody have the nut and washer???) I have a 6-22 which should donate a better dawg and want to find a full wrap--half wraps look pretty cheesy on these saws.

Can't see in the picture but the sprocket is about as worn as I've ever seen.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Unless it's a special nut that you're needing it'll probably not be too hard to find. I don't think there's anything metric on those old saws! Nice find, by the way!

Thanks Calvin....

Does anybody have service manuals/IPL's for these vintage homies. I'm real interested in finding out which parts interchange between the 700's, 7-21, 6-22, 5-20, etc.

your welcome im kinda aggrivated right now cause got a email from a customer today said the 18 blades he ordered are the wrong blades now what do i do i wish people can make sure of there order before ordering its either there john deere dealer gave him the wrong oem # for the blades or he got the wrong # i order what people order on there orders so why do people get mad at me for when they are the ones who placed the order

im just going to quit selling mower blades on my site im sick of the garbage i go thru

Besides cost me a arm and leg to ship those and tires when they order over 100.00 worth

i only make 1.00 almost on each blade sold

so its not worth the hassle
just removed the blades from my site cause im had enough of complaints

if they want to buy blades from now on they need to pay freight charges

Last edited:
your welcome im kinda aggrivated right now cause got a email from a customer today said the 18 blades he ordered are the wrong blades now what do i do i wish people can make sure of there order before ordering its either there john deere dealer gave him the wrong oem # for the blades or he got the wrong # i order what people order on there orders so why do people get mad at me for when they are the ones who placed the order

im just going to quit selling mower blades on my site im sick of the garbage i go thru

Besides cost me a arm and leg to ship those and tires when they order over 100.00 worth

i only make 1.00 almost on each blade sold

so its not worth the hassle

Is he sending them back at his expense? He should be if he's the one that made the mistake..If it's not economically feasible to offer free shipping on orders you might want to re-think your shipping policy. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to lose money.

Last edited:
Is he sending them back at his expense? He should be if he's the one that made the mistake..If it's not economically feasible to offer free shipping on orders you might want to re-think your shipping policy. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to lose money.

i told the customer to call the distributor and fuss to them since they are the ones who package up the parts see oregon changed alot of the gator blades new part #s they went to the fusion blades so that makes two customers telling me there blades dont fit

anyway im not going to worry about it i have too much on my mind as it is

but im not selling any gators no more unless people understand that if they do not fit its not my fault

i removed the whole oregon blades catalog off my site so it was one click on the delete and the products etc. are no longer there

Last edited:
Unless it's a special nut that you're needing it'll probably not be too hard to find. I don't think there's anything metric on those old saws! Nice find, by the way!

It's a fine-threaded locknut and a spacer (not a actually a washer). Probably I can find something to work but it may not look right. There is something metric on these saws, BTW.

Gary, Chris
Both fine looking saws!

I haven't run any of my old Homies but these posts have me itching to go through them and do them up!

Just be careful when buying a parts saw!
Don't do what I did and assume the 7's parts would fit a 700 series or the same for the 9's and 900's!!! LOL!!!
Lesson learned from a newbie!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fine-threaded locknut and a spacer (not a actually a washer). Probably I can find something to work but it may not look right. There is something metric on these saws, BTW.

I should have what you need, I may have a sprocket too.
Is that 1/2 inch pitch chain on there?

Calvin... don't screw this thread up with all your personal BS like you do every other damn thread you post in. Nobody gives a rip that you had a problem with a customer over lawnmower blades... ugh... I digress...

I guess even negative attention is still attention...

I just wish you would go away like you have promised about 50 times... :censored:

Gary

Just got back from a little roadtrip picking up this bad boy--700G. It's condition is what caught my eye. Recoil cover still in place and in nearly perfect shape, carb side cover is there, gear cover not all banged up. Even has real good compression and starts in one or two pulls. Only things missing are the muffler insert and the nut and washer for the sprocket (the sprocket isn't loose though! Anybody have the nut and washer???) I have a 6-22 which should donate a better dawg and want to find a full wrap--half wraps look pretty cheesy on these saws.

Can't see in the picture but the sprocket is about as worn as I've ever seen.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congratulations on a great saw there Chris! It looks great and is wonderfully original. You don't see many with that recoil cover still in place! They are a perfect partner for those big 900 series saws you have in the collection, and pretty stout runners as well.

Well done on another classic geardrive Homelite.

Regards,

Chris.

The sprocket is worn but if you want it,its all free.:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Heck yeah, I'll take it all. Check your PMs. That sprocket looks NOS compared to what is on the saw, I'll post a pic. It is so worn the pitch looks mis-matched--it may in fact be mis-matched, I'll check. Anyway, 1/2" is what is going on this saw. Many thanks.

Now, I have to go fix that fuel line like looping around the backside of the saw and find a muffler insert screen.

ChrisB.

Gary, Chris
Both fine looking saws!

I haven't run any of my old Homies but these posts have me itching to go through them and do them up!

Just be careful when buying a parts saw!
Don't do what I did and assume the 7's parts would fit a 700 series or the same for the 9's and 900's!!! LOL!!!
Lesson learned from a newbie!!!!

I have a pretty good handle on the 9-series interchangeability. If you can't handle yours, just send it along to me.;)

I don't buy parts saws, just more projects.

Chris B.

Here's the sprocket that came off the 700G. I see why it didn't have a nut. With wear grooves that deep, you don't need it to hold the gear on, the chain does it automatically!! So much wear, it looks mis-matched but really isn't. Poor 1/2" Oregon is pretty well shot--lots of rivet wear. I'll use it for really crappy cutting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've had tore apart Mac, Homelite, and Stihl gear drives but this is the first I've seen with studs for the gear cover. Can anybody confirm with an IPL that this is correct?

attachment.php

Congratulations on a great saw there Chris! It looks great and is wonderfully original. You don't see many with that recoil cover still in place! They are a perfect partner for those big 900 series saws you have in the collection, and pretty stout runners as well.

Well done on another classic geardrive Homelite.

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks Chris. Is the 700G/900G considered the original 2 saw plan?

That cover alone is worth $30-$40 especially in that condition. Not at all loose on the spring housing. This saw was definitely used but not abused (except for the sprocket shaft missing the nut.) I'm noticed the has never really been apart. Found original paint on the lower handle mount and behind the spike.

Chris B.

Chris... my 770G has 2 studs in the bottom of the case under the little "window" in the gear drive cover. Not on the top like your 700G does. Also looks like you might have a crack near the forward stud...

EDIT: I just looked at the pics again, and all of the mounts for the cover are studs... interesting. :)

Gary

Last edited:
I have a pretty good handle on the 9-series interchangeability. If you can't handle yours, just send it along to me.;)

I don't buy parts saws, just more projects.

Chris B.

No the 900 I have is all there! And fires nicely!!
But one of my 707's could use a couple parts!

After molesting this thread it is getting a bit easier!!!

Latest posts

Back