Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have experience removing the oiler button out of a original EZ?

Mine is froze up, and I tore everything off the saw, only to find the thing is built in :dizzy:
:bang: And I still dont know how to get it out, the IPL is not real clear

Thanks

I really don't know but have you tried looking for a roll pin that may hold it in? That's what it turned out to be on one of my Macs. I had to clean around it a lot just to see it.

I got a c52 that had 20+ year old fuel left in it that dissolved the fuel line in the tank making a tarry substance in it---Dose anyone know how to clean it up or will it hurt to just leave it in

Problem solved, SP gently persuaded it with a hammer while I was gone, and he said it works now

Don, I am not sure if that tank will come off or not, but if it will, I would suggest splitting it and cleaning out the gunk. If it comes loose after a few tanks, it will clog the filter/line/carb.
I use a small wire brush on the dremel tool for removal, it works pretty good. Or screwdriver/putty knife. Just make sure if it is coated with protective coating, not to go through it if you can help it.

Just my .02$, Im sure somebody else will pipe in

Problem solved, SP gently persuaded it with a hammer while I was gone, and he said it works now

Don, I am not sure if that tank will come off or not, but if it will, I would suggest splitting it and cleaning out the gunk. If it comes loose after a few tanks, it will clog the filter/line/carb.
I use a small wire brush on the dremel tool for removal, it works pretty good. Or screwdriver/putty knife. Just make sure if it is coated with protective coating, not to go through it if you can help it.

Just my .02$, Im sure somebody else will pipe in

Thanks---Theirs no coting but a wire brush wont do it---Just to gookie for that and bean scraping with putty knife but not getting far---Right now its soaking in charcoal lighter hoping it will help---You should sea the filter---And yes the tank does remove pretty easy

I know that gunk way too good. It would help if people would just drain the gas outta there saw before sitting them on the shelf for 30 years, haha.

Good luck, and congrats on the saw!

Anybody have experience removing the oiler button out of a original EZ?

Mine is froze up, and I tore everything off the saw, only to find the thing is built in :dizzy:
:bang: And I still dont know how to get it out, the IPL is not real clear

Thanks

Do you mean an Original EZ or the newer model? On the original, the whole assembly screws out of the oil tank. I don't believe I was ever able to get the brass button off the nut but didn't need to.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats the one Buzz. Your IPL is more clear than the one I found. Smilin Possum said it was just stuck in the o-ring, which I kind of expected, just did not know how to fix.

But it is working now. Hope to get this thing put back together tonight. Just gotta get the recoil back together, wish I would have never removed it, haha

I know that gunk way too good. It would help if people would just drain the gas outta there saw before sitting them on the shelf for 30 years, haha.

Good luck, and congrats on the saw!

I found it---To get that goo out I just soaked it in purple power at a 50-50 mix---I t wipes rite off but not the paint---Good stuff wish I remembered it sooner---Its even good for cleaning car engines

500, same market as Mac15

Yep. Homelite's other saw in that class was the "Buz". Almost the same as the 500, except its tanks are rounded, while the 500 has squared off tanks. The Buz was also 'surf green' while the 500 was 'light blue metallic' or 'Homelite Red'. They're basicaly lower cost versions of a Zip, with steel stampings replacing some of the fancy mag castings. My Homelite-nut friend has at least one of each. I'll see if I can snap a 'family pic' of them together.

Buz:

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...2af75304ded7273988256b06000c84b4?OpenDocument

500:

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...8f8ce52759eb3a9c88256b06000d3b88?OpenDocument

does anyone have a parts list for a Homelite 360 pro.or no the part # for the rubber spacer ? that goes between the bottom of carb to the engine block

oops. My fault since I assume everyone has an adobe acrobat reader installed. Ya know what they say about assuming!

You can go to www.adobe.com and download a free acrobat reader to open the .pdf files. Here's a link to the adobe download spot for Windows XP. There's a spot you can click for other operating system's.

Dan

oops. My fault since I assume everyone has an adobe acrobat reader installed. Ya know what they say about assuming!

You can go to www.adobe.com and download a free acrobat reader to open the .pdf files. Here's a link to the adobe download spot for Windows XP. There's a spot you can click for other operating system's.

Dan

Some of these old computers (like mine) don't open pdf files too well even when equipped with the reader. Mine opens them but takes a little while.

the problem with mi computer is its 12 years old but runs like a new gateway.I have a friend that is a computer whiz and can bust up any comp.---The problem with mine is old parts made to run new data so I cant register my windows xp prow so It cant read certain things or do other things like make pictures smaller for AS and other sites---That's why I cant get it---My computer is kinda like me---It has reading problems also and spell check doesn't always work but its not stupid LOL.

Dan

thanks for the help---after a little rerouting programs I got it all downloaded---it took a bit but thanks that page is real neat and will help allot---thanks again

Back