Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at home right now and my dad is taking this saw to someone to try to fix it but can someone post a picture of the bottom of their XP1020 with a full wrap. As I had restored mine and the case is broke but I need a picture to email to him to reference what it should look like. Thanks

Hi,

Came across this pic on the web of a 1020 with full wrap. She is a mural of colours but probably would get the job done!

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/APSELLC/ChainSawsForSale#5512047800989742162

Regards,

Chris.

Not at home right now and my dad is taking this saw to someone to try to fix it but can someone post a picture of the bottom of their XP1020 with a full wrap. As I had restored mine and the case is broke but I need a picture to email to him to reference what it should look like. Thanks

If you need a better picture, let me know and I'll get it with my 1020 in the morning (or early afternoon depending on when I wake up.)

Chris B.

Dammit. I had a friend in Medford, Or call a CL seller about a Homelite XP1000 with a 30" bar a couple of days ago. The seller told him a guy from Colorado was buying it, "doubling his money" which was super cheap to begin with. Which one of you lucky/crazy bums got it? My friend was under the impression that the Colorado fellow was gonna DRIVE to Medford, OR to pick up the saw rather than have it shipped...:dizzy:

The guy in Colorado would probably be Brian Gillman in Aspen Park CO. He is a member here but does not post, just gleans information. If you wait a few weeks the saw will be on ebay.

Bill

Finders-keepers! That 2100 the bar is attached to was a whopping $40. I bet if you were at that auction it wouldn't be mine either.

Chris B.

Chris,

That is a great find. I have picked up most NOS versions of the Oregon roller noses. That is one that eludes me. I hopefully will be picking up 5 new 28" Oregon roller nose bars Saturday but they are the grey ones. What is the "10000" or "30000" part number on it?

Bill

Dammit. I had a friend in Medford, Or call a CL seller about a Homelite XP1000 with a 30" bar a couple of days ago. The seller told him a guy from Colorado was buying it, "doubling his money" which was super cheap to begin with. Which one of you lucky/crazy bums got it? My friend was under the impression that the Colorado fellow was gonna DRIVE to Medford, OR to pick up the saw rather than have it shipped...:dizzy:

Hi,

Came across this pic on the web of a 1020 with full wrap. She is a mural of colours but probably would get the job done!

Link: http://picasaweb.google.com/APSELLC/ChainSawsForSale#5512047800989742162

Regards,

Chris.

The guy in Colorado would probably be Brian Gillman in Aspen Park CO. He is a member here but does not post, just gleans information. If you wait a few weeks the saw will be on ebay.

Bill

Here it is! I assume it will be going to a Homelite nut!!! Looks nice.

The saw in question on eBay LINK!

I wonder if that one is an 1020 Auto :confused:. It has the clutch cover of the Auto version, but that doesn't mean anything without looking inside. Still, I agree with ya WM, that's a good bit of cabbage.

Dan

Last edited:
Chris,

That is a great find. I have picked up most NOS versions of the Oregon roller noses. That is one that eludes me. I hopefully will be picking up 5 new 28" Oregon roller nose bars Saturday but they are the grey ones. What is the "10000" or "30000" part number on it?

Bill

Care to part with one of those bars?

Anyway, the part# is A3317A. No 5 digit numbers on this one. Package is dated Omark 1961. Sucker is nearly 50 years old and falls right in with the old 9-series.

Chris B.

Finders-keepers! That 2100 the bar is attached to was a whopping $40. I bet if you were at that auction it wouldn't be mine either.

Chris B.

Now THAT was a score! Tripple your money???:cheers:

Bill

Wonderful. I suspected as much. Thanks Bill for the heads up.

Chris,

Bill

Wow Bill. That sounds like quite a score too. I'd also be interested in one of those grey Oregon 28" roller nose Homelite bars if you decide to part with one. Did you get a chance to look at the Mac 77 pics I posted? Please send me a PM with your thoughts on it.

Here it is! I assume it will be going to a Homelite nut!!! Looks nice.

The saw in question on eBay LINK!

Egad. :dizzy:

That is a nasty color to spray over a perfectly good Homelite. That is a good chunk of cheddar to ask for it as well, especialy since the CL seller in OR had it listed for TWENTY DOLLARS (and this guy supposedly paid the seller 'double' that amount to keep me from getting the saw)....so he's still only out $40 if he was already traveling to OR anyways.:censored:

Homelite 550

If anyone is interested, there is a 550 in Portland, OR for $80 with a 36" bar and a couple of chains.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/grd/1932857526.html

3kf3m13l45Q25W25R4a92aca8eaa3dc631587.jpg

Homelite stuff?

Not a big fan, but it's hard to dislike a well tuned and sharpened Super XL 925!!!
Or an old Zip for that matter.
4000fixed:chainsaw:

My D/B BIL called me a few weeks ago to tell me about 2 saw at a garage sale that he did NOT pick up for me. An MS280, and a Homelite 450 $50 for both saws. He wasn't sure I would want them...DUH :bang:
Jim

Where was that 450 located at? Im going to exit 33 tonight off the thruway to pick up a really nice 450. Just snagged it off EBay.

Latest posts

Back