Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem with mi computer is its 12 years old but runs like a new gateway.I have a friend that is a computer whiz and can bust up any comp.---The problem with mine is old parts made to run new data so I cant register my windows xp prow so It cant read certain things or do other things like make pictures smaller for AS and other sites---That's why I cant get it---My computer is kinda like me---It has reading problems also and spell check doesn't always work but its not stupid LOL.

I know the feeling having a old computer had a dell that was making a big roaring sound inside retired that one last december got me a new gateway paid cash for it so i own it free and clear

but the issue with the gateway was not the computer but the operating system windows 7 alot of the windows xp programs wont work on windows 7

I know the feeling having a old computer had a dell that was making a big roaring sound inside retired that one last december got me a new gateway paid cash for it so i own it free and clear

but the issue with the gateway was not the computer but the operating system windows 7 alot of the windows xp programs wont work on windows 7

my friend boosted mine up---its very powerful and will run any xp programs but I cant register them so they wont run completely---he even had windows vista on it a year before it was on the market---we took it out in a week---that noise in yours was probably just a bad fan---my comp runs so hot the panel is off and runes 4 fans---regular shops cant figure this one out so they cant work on it---you should see his

my friend boosted mine up---its very powerful and will run any xp programs but I cant register them so they wont run completely---he even had windows vista on it a year before it was on the market---we took it out in a week---that noise in yours was probably just a bad fan---my comp runs so hot the panel is off and runes 4 fans---regular shops cant figure this one out so they cant work on it---you should see his

can you take yours bake to wind.98 it should run better and run all wind.packages like xp prow and office---wind 7 realy should work but you do need a fairly fast comp.or you could have wind run a scan and repair on it

Picked up this little gem off Ebay pretty cheap (the bar, not the saw). Don't know why nobody else jumped on it. Took a chance on the bar mount being a Homelite/large Mac mount and I was right about it being the former. The artwork is so perfect, I'd hate to run it and ruin it. Anyway, I don't use this saw as I have 2 others to dirty up, so the bar will likely stay with it.

Same seller had a Duo-tronic that I wish I had grabbed as well. Live and learn.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Picked up this little gem off Ebay pretty cheap (the bar, not the saw). Don't know why nobody else jumped on it. Took a chance on the bar mount being a Homelite/large Mac mount and I was right about it being the former. The artwork is so perfect, I'd hate to run it and ruin it. Anyway, I don't use this saw as I have 2 others to dirty up, so the bar will likely stay with it.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

what did you get the pictures wont show up

what did you get the pictures wont show up

Hmmm... I just downloaded the pictures again, but they did show up on my mobile browser. Try clicking on the links below the pictures.

Anyway, it's a NOS Oregon Roll-o-tronic bar. 20" roller nose. Slapped it on my low-houred 2100. East coast falling style, maybe Midwest!

Chris B.

Hmmm... I just downloaded the pictures again, but they did show up on my mobile browser. Try clicking on the links below the pictures.

Anyway, it's a NOS Oregon Roll-o-tronic bar. 20" roller nose. Slapped it on my low-houred 2100. East coast falling style, maybe Midwest!

Chris B.

Edit:

Now it works for me. Looks GREAT Chris. Yet another cool item of yours that pulls at my heartstrings. IHC's, Homelites, etc...:cheers:

If it's the same guy...............then that seller is a member on AS, and was looking for offers (without mentioning asking prices, or knowing what the bars fit) here a month or so ago. Didn't want to take the risk on buying the 'wrong' bar or offending him with an offer that would have been liveable as an 'oops' for me...

Last edited:
Dammit. I had a friend in Medford, Or call a CL seller about a Homelite XP1000 with a 30" bar a couple of days ago. The seller told him a guy from Colorado was buying it, "doubling his money" which was super cheap to begin with. Which one of you lucky/crazy bums got it? My friend was under the impression that the Colorado fellow was gonna DRIVE to Medford, OR to pick up the saw rather than have it shipped...:dizzy:

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thats a awesome bar. I'll admit I saw that bar on ebay but was unsure from the pics at what it fit. Even though it was a roller I don't really have interest in a 20" bar. Glad you got a good score though

Thats a awesome bar. I'll admit I saw that bar on ebay but was unsure from the pics at what it fit. Even though it was a roller I don't really have interest in a 20" bar. Glad you got a good score though

Fact is, long bars look good and all, but the short bars will get used far more often unless you like working harder than necessary. That said, I have my fair share of 40"+ bars and they do bring the money. What really sucks is when you have the wrong style chain and it won't cut worth a darn!!

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Chris B.

Fact is, long bars look good and all, but the short bars will get used far more often unless you like working harder than necessary. That said, I have my fair share of 40"+ bars and they do bring the money. What really sucks is when you have the wrong style chain and it won't cut worth a darn!!

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Chris B.

:agree2: But then again I only bring out the big boys for the big wood. I have some smaller saws in the collection for smaller stuff

Chris B.

I did some other things on other sites and now the pictures are their---looks great---it wouldnt be yours if I saw it

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now ain't that a sweet lookin 2100.
I like that bar. If i had seen it, It would
be on one of my saws.
Congrats on a nice score.

Lee

I did some other things on other sites and now the pictures are their---looks great---it wouldnt be yours if I saw it

I don't know if it was you. My connection cut out in the middle of downloading, so I edited the original post and downloaded the pics all over again. Something probably got lost in the shuffle. But it's all good now.

Did you guys notice the skip chain on a 20" bar? It is a falling saw.

Chris B.

I don't know if it was you. My connection cut out in the middle of downloading, so I edited the original post and downloaded the pics all over again. Something probably got lost in the shuffle. But it's all good now.

Did you guys notice the skip chain on a 20" bar? It is a falling saw.

Chris B.

how can you miss it LOL.

Not at home right now and my dad is taking this saw to someone to try to fix it but can someone post a picture of the bottom of their XP1020 with a full wrap. As I had restored mine and the case is broke but I need a picture to email to him to reference what it should look like. Thanks

Back