Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have been disapointed too........especialy if I'd have paid near 'the limit' of what I was willing to spend on a 990G. Still.................I certainly wouldn't "kick 'er out of bed for eating crackers" if you know what I mean. I realy dig the big Homelites.....:cheers:

I don't think i would be disapointed,
There is very little difference between a
909 and 990 both have the same motor
with large cc's.

Congrats Matt on a nice Homie.

Lee

That thing sounds just like a saw should sound. Kinda like going to the drags and hearing one of the ricer bikes fire up and then one of the big Harleys crank up. They might not have the r's, but they sure win a lot of races, Joe.

Why no sticky?

Why isn't this thread a sticky? The Mac guys have one. The Pooplan guys have one. There is even one for Pioneers. Hell, there is a sticky called "Are FOP really progressive depth raker generators". It's just sacrilege, I tell you that the Homies aren't there as well. WDO

770G eating a seasoned Alder round. First time this saw has seen wood for a looooooong time. She did okay... need to tune the carb a bit, but for it's maiden cut since being brought back from the dead... it did great! :clap: :clap: :clap:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YvY5AbZ8pDY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YvY5AbZ8pDY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Gary

I likes Gary! What ratio and mix were you using? :bowdown:

Thanks fellas... I like how you can damn near see every tooth of that 1/2" chain as it moves around the bar... S-L-O-W... HAHA! :laugh:

WhiteDoggie... I use 50:1 Stihl Ultra of course! :clap:

Gary

Just got back from a little roadtrip picking up this bad boy--700G. It's condition is what caught my eye. Recoil cover still in place and in nearly perfect shape, carb side cover is there, gear cover not all banged up. Even has real good compression and starts in one or two pulls. Only things missing are the muffler insert and the nut and washer for the sprocket (the sprocket isn't loose though! Anybody have the nut and washer???) I have a 6-22 which should donate a better dawg and want to find a full wrap--half wraps look pretty cheesy on these saws.

Can't see in the picture but the sprocket is about as worn as I've ever seen.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just got back from a little roadtrip picking up this bad boy--700G. It's condition is what caught my eye. Recoil cover still in place and in nearly perfect shape, carb side cover is there, gear cover not all banged up. Even has real good compression and starts in one or two pulls. Only things missing are the muffler insert and the nut and washer for the sprocket (the sprocket isn't loose though! Anybody have the nut and washer???) I have a 6-22 which should donate a better dawg and want to find a full wrap--half wraps look pretty cheesy on these saws.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

good looking saw---did you pay much

looks like a couple of us got a new toy---I was out trying to get perts wen I found a homie 360 prow.---Pretty dirty had not bean started in 4 years and fuel left in it but in great shape---Got it home to look over it to sea what trouble I'm in with it---I dumped the bad gas out sprayed carb and puled out fuel line just in time cause it was getting sticky---Gave a shot of mix in carb to check for spark and it popped over in 2nd pull so I put the hose in a jar of fresh mix and in 3rd pull it was running---Their pretty quiet---Boy did I get lucky today---I got the saw for $55.00 I don't think that's to bad

Nice Chris!!! :clap:

Gary

Thanks Gary,

I talked to the guy hoping the saw had a story like yours, but all I got was 'I got it from my Brother, I think it was his FIL's, but it is too much saw for me...' Oh well, he was a pretty nice fellow and actually interested in the saw. Sounded like he knew a thing or 2 about old reed valvers and kart engines.

I thought my 6-22's wrap handle would fit and it did bolt up, but turns out the 700G handle is a bit taller and wider so the bracket that attaches to flywheel cover doesn't come close to lining up. Bryce had a good 770G handle pretty cheap so I just picked that up.

I'm really digging this saw. I've wanted one of this series for awhile but they have always eluded me.

Chris B.

Very nice saw Chris. Looks good-to me anyways

I think I need to place one of these big homey gear drives in the shop. They have killer looks

Why isn't this thread a sticky? The Mac guys have one. The Pooplan guys have one. There is even one for Pioneers. Hell, there is a sticky called "Are FOP really progressive depth raker generators". It's just sacrilege, I tell you that the Homies aren't there as well. WDO

I give you guys a boot 16 pages ago, you are doing just fine, sticky can't be far away.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now thats a nice one Chris.
Great find and a runner to boot.
Looks very nice. Congrats.

Lee

Latest posts

Back