Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fine that he asked. Asking every 18 minutes or so in the same thread is a bit much...

Not sure where he "heard" that 155 PSI was a low reading for these saws either. He was asked that and didn't answer. In a PM to me he asked me if 155 PSI was a low reading and if the saw needed rings because of it. Hadn't gotten a chance to answer his PM before his multiple posts in this thread...

While we're asking..................I could use a set of the thick #55537 rings for my XL903.:D

no go on the 903 rings, rechecked the part nubers cause sometimes one size ring will have several numbers for it possibly due to a part number system change.

regardless of needing the rings now or later a real collector will lay up exxxxxtra stuff for a rainy day.:hmm3grin2orange:

I know some fellers that already have a dozen of one model that would buy a dozen more for the right price.:cool2:

Speaking of real collectors, Just got back from the county dump. There was a day when I woulda
dived in a saved these two 12's from the jaws of death but already have enough Homey's piled up around here now. :D

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

no go on the 903 rings, rechecked the part nubers cause sometimes one size ring will have several numbers for it possibly due to a part number system change.

regardless of needing the rings now or later a real collector will lay up exxxxxtra stuff for a rainy day.:hmm3grin2orange:

I know some fellers that already have a dozen of one model that would buy a dozen more for the right price.:cool2:

Speaking of real collectors, Just got back from the county dump. There was a day when I woulda
dived in a saved these two 12's from the jaws of death but already have enough Homey's piled up around here now. :D

Those same rings were also used on several of the 5.01ci upright jug saws such as the EZ, EZ-6, and 600D. I know what you mean about the "real collectors". Was poking fun at one of them folks a page or two ago.:D

I could NOT have let those two XL-12 saws go Ric. Probably would have also dove in for the jerry can bracket............and grabbed that starter to use as a core the next time I went to buy a rebuilt one for my IHC's.....:D

Last edited:

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

Must be nice living in the PNW. Around here, I'd be diving in risking injury to rescue a pair of Homie 12's. But, not a 150.

Must be nice living in the PNW. Around here, I'd be diving in risking injury to rescue a pair of Homie 12's. But, not a 150.

A 150 is one of the few saws I HAVE seen at my local scrap/reuse yard. No I didn't take it with me. I have a buddy who got a Homelite 17, two SXL-AO's, and two Super-2's at the same place for something like $20. Think he had all but the 17 running before the sun went down, and the 17 is probably a runner now. His luck is better than mine...

Those same rings were also used on several of the 5.01ci upright jug saws such as the EZ, EZ-6, and 600D. I know what you mean about the "real collectors". Was poking fun at one of them folks a page or two ago.:D

I could NOT have let those two XL-12 saws go Ric. Probably would have also dove in for the jerry can bracket............and grabbed that starter to use as a core the next time I went to buy a rebuilt one for my IHC's.....:D

I was thinking about it cause my box truck had hidden the veiw from the office. But they also have a couple big signs that say stay out of the scrap bin.

Ironicly The guy that used to run the whole county dump system and a good freind put the make on my last wife when we was married so now we dont talk.

Over the years he had brought home about 80 saws and lined his driveway with them. Then a few years ago somebody stole about 50 of them when he was at work.

About the time they were stolen I was just getting good at learning what saws were worth saving. Dont know how many sp125's and 990 were took but there had to be a few looking at what was left over.

This was taken after most were stolen.

d22.jpg

donsflowerbed001-1.jpg

donsflowerbed005-1.jpg

CIMG3859.jpg

d3.jpg

d2.jpg

sawbones i sent u pm i was asking for the phone number sorry for the miss understanding... mine is the older model made in canada i am going to pull the muffler see what size bore i have

Last edited:
300 Classic

I have one of these and I was wondering if it was made by Solo as were the cs 40 and cs50. The cs50 look very similar to my 300 classic. Having trouble getting it going. Lines look good, fuel is getting to the carb, has spark but no go. Will pop with fuel in the sp hole or primed in the carb. It has a Walbro WT carb which I've heard can be difficult to bring back from the dead. I have put a rebuild kit on it but to no avail.

Regards,

L:msp_mellow:ee

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1004.jpg

Even though I have several of those I'd still rescue it from the dumpster.

I was thinking about it cause my box truck had hidden the veiw from the office. But they also have a couple big signs that say stay out of the scrap bin.

Ironicly The guy that used to run the whole county dump system and a good freind put the make on my last wife when we was married so now we dont talk.

Over the years he had brought home about 80 saws and lined his driveway with them. Then a few years ago somebody stole about 50 of them when he was at work.

About the time they were stolen I was just getting good at learning what saws were worth saving. Dont know how many sp125's and 990 were took but there had to be a few looking at what was left over.

This was taken after most were stolen.

I just don't understand those "yard art" people. Why put stuff like that out to rot? The shot of the McCulloch 450 stuck in the dirt to rot and rust really stings. Lots of other good (or what was good before being out on damp ground) stuff left there. Can't imagine what was swiped from his yard.....

:( i need the 2 inch bore rings i have the thick rings if any body can help .. what is the part number for the 2inch bore rings i can use all the info i can get thanks guys for helping me ..

Last edited:
I just don't understand those "yard art" people. Why put stuff like that out to rot? The shot of the McCulloch 450 stuck in the dirt to rot and rust really stings. Lots of other good (or what was good before being out on damp ground) stuff left there. Can't imagine what was swiped from his yard.....

Nothing new under the sun, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Kinda like watching Nam vids of shoving Huey copters off the deck into the ocean.:msp_ohmy:

I did pull a Remy army 754G and a Mac 73 out of his flower bed though. :msp_thumbsup:

Nothing new under the sun, one mans junk is another mans treasure.

Kinda like watching Nam vids of shoving Huey copters off the deck into the ocean.:msp_ohmy:

I did pull a Remy army 754G and a Mac 73 out of his flower bed though. :msp_thumbsup:

I'd trade all my saws for a straight UH-1 carcass... :)

Found this little guy along with a 360 pro and a yeller saw today piston is free and looking great through the exhaust, crank rolls over really smooth no rough spots.

Photo0460.jpg

Photo0461.jpg

Photo0465.jpg

Photo0463.jpg

i just got new compression tester i am holding 160psi i thank thats good i am posting few of my homelites up for sale super xl-925 xl-901 and a xl-700 all run strong and start easy.. the xl-901 needs air filter and bucking spike choke lever all have nice looking pistons and cylinders should last years to come..

Back