Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuel leaks out of the check valve in my super xl when I tilt it. replaced the gasket before noticing it coming from the sintered check valve that's in the cap.
please tell me how to either remove/clean the check valve, get a replacement check valve, or direct me to a non-leaking fuel cap? thanks
Pull the brass sintered filter out sideways with a dental pick. There's a Blob O'goo that you'll see and then clean out with carb cleaner and a swab.

:eek: That was your check valve, and the new one #69451 goes in pointed end first. Don't forget to clean the filter end off too.

Knowing how you old marines like to blow about this & that, here a factory test article...

Attachments

• SXLAO Gas Cap Testing.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi, thanks for that, I have been on ebay etc but all I can find is the other (3style) shoes, and it does not help living in the UK.

Glad to see an old Homelite enthusiast in the UK. I haven't looked for those in quite a while (my post you quoted is a year and a half old). They pop up on ebay from time to time. Find one of the larger sellers of NOS Homelite parts and contact them. Give 'em the part #(s) you're looking for. Often times.........they have the part(s), even if they don't have them listed at the moment.

Check with Duke Thieroff here. He has many used Homelite parts. Some NOS parts too. Also contact Joyce Wilson (Chainsawlady here). She has NOS Homelite part. They're both great to deal with. Tell them I referred you to them.

Have you been to the chainsaw collectors .se site (all one word)? It's based in Europe. Many Homelite enthusiasts there (on your side of the globe) that could help you out.

Glad to see an old Homelite enthusiast in the UK. I haven't looked for those in quite a while (my post you quoted is a year and a half old). They pop up on ebay from time to time. Find one of the larger sellers of NOS Homelite parts and contact them. Give 'em the part #(s) you're looking for. Often times.........they have the part(s), even if they don't have them listed at the moment.

Check with Duke Thieroff here. He has many used Homelite parts. Some NOS parts too. Also contact Joyce Wilson (Chainsawlady here). She has NOS Homelite part. They're both great to deal with. Tell them I referred you to them.

Have you been to the chainsaw collectors .se site (all one word)? It's based in Europe. Many Homelite enthusiasts there (on your side of the globe) that could help you out.

Hi, thanks for your help I will be contacting the people you mentioned. I have quite a few Homelites my favorite saws as in:1 x 750 running and 1 without a recoil starter, 1 x xl12 - 1 x 550 - 1 x 1000 xp - 1 x c5 and the 923.

Carl the # for the 2000 spider is 58546-2. The # for a C-series saw clutch spider is 58546-1. Not sure if there's any real difference between the two. I'll pull a clutch from a parts C-5 this weekend.

It's possible that they're mirror images of each other.................as the C-series used the clutch in an inboard configuration, while the auto oiler XP series and the 2000 had it in an outboard configuration. Would think they'd have used a 'more different' part # for the two if that was the case however. The difference (if there is one) may be in the placement of the counterbore. Will figure it out this weekend...

I'm not on AS much anymore...........so you may have better luck contacting me elsewhere or by email....

Trying to remove the starter assembly from an XP1020. The overrunning bearing is locked up on the inner race. Tried an impact on the clutch side forward and reverse to try to break it loose. No luck yet. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Trying to remove the starter assembly from an XP1020. The overrunning bearing is locked up on the inner race. Tried an impact on the clutch side forward and reverse to try to break it loose. No luck yet. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
Looks like it is removed with a special tool A-23679. Can't find a picture of the tool.

Not sure what the special tool is but I can't budge the cover after removing the bolts that hold it on. I normally just pick the cover up off of the saw after removing the bolts.

Yeah,Carl it's like the sprags went past center. I thought hitting it in both directions with an impact would work but it didn't. May have to break the fan housing off of it to get it off.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Yeah,Carl it's like the sprags went past center. I thought hitting it in both directions with an impact would work but it didn't. May have to break the fan housing off of it to get it off.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Yeah, it would take just one or two but very possible.

The C9 I had, one or more of the rollers would fall out of place when your removed the cover. I took to keeping the saw on its left side to replace the starter.

Well, I got it loose. Rattled it both directions with my big Ingersol 1/2" impact on the clutch side crankshaft nut. Didn't let it develop torque, just blipped it and let the impact hammers rattle the crank both ways. Just took out the bolts and picked the cover up off the saw like normal. Whew!

I've got a homelite but not sure which model it is. Would really appreciate the help identifying it as it needs a new seal on the clutch side. I believe its an XL something. thanks

IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0629.JPG

Latest posts

Back