Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you got a great deal! I would love to have a c-91! I had similar experience a while back but it was the other way I didn't really want any Macs but they were a great deal I got Two homie Zips, a Mac 15, and a Mc Culloch 35 all for 150$ They also all run now after a little bit of work. I'd like to sell the Mac 15 though runs good has a Mc Culloch Bar and chain on it also which I thought was cool.

I ran into this one (and an XL-76) a couple of weeks ago. I just wrapped it up today. It only needed a few details- fuel line (redneck) fix, E6000 (torn lower wrap), kit and a good cleaning. The oiler appears healthy, so I will let it sleep. I am going to give them a rip in the bush soon. They will be my first cuts with a Homelite to date.

Homelite VI-130 (1) 1.jpg Homelite VI-130 (2) 1.jpg Homelite VI-130 (3) 1.jpg Homelite VI-130 (7) 1.jpg

Ok experts. XL925. Less than one turn out on high side sound odd? More than 3/4 turn it boggs and dies no load. 4 strokes hard just over 1/2 turn out. I have kitted carb and new tygon lines . Idle is good at one turn. As expected it boils fuel after a few long cuts. Wearing a 30" hard nose w/ 3/8.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg,

Most of the 925's had an HS 151A carb on them. See the attached bulletin from Homelite regarding tuning them.
As far as the fuel boiling goes, pull the flywheel and blow out the saw cake between the tank and the motor and replace the duck bill in the gas cap if it's letting air / fuel out of the tank. That should solve the boiling issue.
Homelite_HS151A_Governed_XL900Series_Carburetor_Adjustment_Instructions_zps34bd76ce.jpg

That is the answer I was looking for. Answers the whole question. Thanks for the bulletin I will have to see if I have an original in my stash.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok, so I've been lurking for a bit and still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to tuning up these old saws, but learning as I go. As of right now I'm overrun with XL's and SXL's, but have a few others to help round out the collection for now. I'd love to get my hands on an old monster muscle saw to mount up a 40" bar I just snagged, but I'm way too cheap to pay full boat on one. I'll wait for one to find me much like my 925 did.

Here's a couple shots of some of the saws. There's plenty more saws but these are all I have pics of. (Yeah I know the workbench is WAY too cluttered up. I was in the middle of organizing everything, so the bench and shelves looked like an absolute mess. The saws just ended up on the bench when I was cleaning stuff up, so I took a pic.)

Can anyone help me with details on the darker blue SXL?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

fossil
I ran the saw last night using the instructions posted. Much improved.

Mark
The dark blue SXL saws were a remake series I remember coming out in the early 90's late 80"s I believe they were marked "Big Blue"

Thanks for the bit on the blue sxl.

Does anyone happen to know of a source for a bar stencil for the bars that just say "HOMELITE" in all caps? I just got a 40" bar that I want to clean and repaint and I'd love to make it look new.

Thanks for the bit on the blue sxl.

Does anyone happen to know of a source for a bar stencil for the bars that just say "HOMELITE" in all caps? I just got a 40" bar that I want to clean and repaint and I'd love to make it look new.

Sugar Creek Supply. See the attached link for his Homelite stencils. He may have added some since this went up.

********************************/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=8141

Ok, so I've been lurking for a bit and still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to tuning up these old saws, but learning as I go. As of right now I'm overrun with XL's and SXL's, but have a few others to help round out the collection for now. I'd love to get my hands on an old monster muscle saw to mount up a 40" bar I just snagged, but I'm way too cheap to pay full boat on one. I'll wait for one to find me much like my 925 did.

Here's a couple shots of some of the saws. There's plenty more saws but these are all I have pics of. (Yeah I know the workbench is WAY too cluttered up. I was in the middle of organizing everything, so the bench and shelves looked like an absolute mess. The saws just ended up on the bench when I was cleaning stuff up, so I took a pic.)

Can anyone help me with details on the darker blue SXL?

View attachment 436284 View attachment 436285 View attachment 436286 View attachment 436287
Limited Edition's I believe were 30th anniversary saws. My wife picked one up for me a while back.

c61c7c74475cb6106320925e2fb37e35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Anyone know off the top of your heads if there is a Meteor Piston Rings that fit a C-5 and C-9? I have seen NOS rings on eBay but was just wondering if Meteor makes ones that will fit.

Back