Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fossil
and are the double lip seals for both PTO and F/W ?

Parts places may have them. I see seals listed at O'Reilly's and Napa. If not, industrial supply places should. They may have to order them but they are readily available.

The double lip seal is really just a single lip seal with a dust seal. Any of the the three seals listed and be used in either side.

Homelitenut

Homelitenut

Addicted to ArboristSite
Parts places may have them. I see seals listed at O'Reilly's and Napa. If not, industrial supply places should. They may have to order them but they are readily available.

The double lip seal is really just a single lip seal with a dust seal. Any of the the three seals listed and be used in either side.
Thank You thats great! These pn are replacing the 12282 correct ?

Homelitenut

Homelitenut

Addicted to ArboristSite
All the 700, 800 and 900 saws in that series use those seals. 58688 A was superceded by 12282 A so any of the seals I listed will work as well as the 58688 and 12282.
Ok thank you I didn't catch that I guess. just wanted to know if I could use the in a sxlao or others using 12282

KYsawman

KYsawman

Mr XL-12
U R doing fine.

Early XL Automatic. Auto oiler version of the XL-12 I think. 54cc.
Super XL is 57cc. Not much difference.
I have not measured the bore but it does have the four peddle pyramid reed setup like a super xl. It runs good and blows 150 comp after being used hard for 30+ years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

KYsawman

KYsawman

Mr XL-12
Looks like you've got some good ol' saws:rock2:
I really like the old homelites, I have two 360s ,two xl12s and a super xl that are all projects. My frist saw was a super ez when I was adout twelve. The neighbor gave it to me after a tree fell on it and broke the handle. I have developed a bad case of CAD here recently.

Homelitenut

Homelitenut

Addicted to ArboristSite
I really like the old homelites, I have two 360s ,two xl12s and a super xl that are all projects. My frist saw was a super ez when I was adout twelve. The neighbor gave it to me after a tree fell on it and broke the handle. I have developed a bad case of CAD here recently.

I love the old homies to my first saw was also a Super ez auto. I don't even have any "modern" saws and cut all our wood with them. Thats a very nice SEZAO love the full wrap handle pretty rare.

redsqwrl

redsqwrl

ArboristSite Member
somewhere around feb I posted a short video of a homelite 750 cutting ice. It has an unusually high Idle.....

It is raining like crazy here today and guess who is changing a intake boot.

Yep you guessed it, it was completely seperated into an upper and lower Two piece boot.

Now off to ebay to source another. Anyone hoarding any boots?

Mike