Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope to get the decals soon. It has new piston, pin, rings, cylinder, coil, condenser, points, muffler, oil lines, fuel line, rubber isolators, clutch, sprocket, oil seals, and rebuilt carb.

Attachments

• 20200413_182416.jpg
    20200413_182416.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200413_182427.jpg
    20200413_182427.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 22
Hope to get the decals soon. It has new piston, pin, rings, cylinder, coil, condenser, points, muffler, oil lines, fuel line, rubber isolators, clutch, sprocket, oil seals, and rebuilt carb.
Tried to send you a PM, site said I was blocked? I have a Super 1050, full wrap, I knew you wanted one a while back. It's a project, thought you might be interested? Needs clutch cover. I haven't looked at it in a long time. I think the P/C might look rough. If you are interested I'll pull it down and take some picks. Was asking $125 plus shipping.

For an XL-76. This style mount. I,ve modded the husky small mount to work. Not sure what else would work.
That profile bar that was used on the XL-1 Super Mini/EZ and XL-76/1xx series is most closely matched with the modern K095 bar. What modification did you need to make? I doubt you are going to find a 28" bar in the original Homelite profile. I have never seen one bigger than 20" on any of mine in that series. Often the 16 and 20" were hard nose, at that. Terry industries frequently equipped the XL-1/ 76/130's with the larger UXL/096/196 mounts with the "S" stud shim spacer. Maybe a Canadian thing, but they work as intended. Echo did the same thing using that spacer on a lot of their 5/16 stud mounts that "called" for the 176. A large mount Homelite in that length would work. Personally, I've never run more than a 24" on a 76/130. Balance becomes an issue, as the hand placement is pretty close. Buried, a 24", full comp is the limit for me.

I,ve got an old 28" homelite narrow tail bar that I got at a farm last year but the rails are worn down . On the k095 bars I elongate the bar adjuster hole so it will fit the homelite adjuster. Prolly just snag a k095 bar from ebay.

Got to use the XP-1100 in some big wood over the weekend. I sharpened the .404 chain more aggressively and it seemed to be pretty happy. The saw would probably pull a 5ft bar no problem, no amount of pushing on the 3ft seemed to slow it down at all. The log is Douglas fir and its just shy of 4ft

IMG_0871.jpg

I'm going to take the paint off the bar so that it doesn't stand out quite so much.

Got to use the XP-1100 in some big wood over the weekend. I sharpened the .404 chain more aggressively and it seemed to be pretty happy. The saw would probably pull a 5ft bar no problem, no amount of pushing on the 3ft seemed to slow it down at all. The log is Douglas fir and its just shy of 4ft

View attachment 820242

I'm going to take the paint off the bar so that it doesn't stand out quite so much.
Does that take the 6pin sprocket for .404?

Back