Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda silly, but kinda cool too !!!

No doubt! There was some miscommunication between Tom and I. I told him we'd use a circular saw blade for material. The plan was to trace out the spike from another saw and copy it. He decided to cut the saw blade like it was. He just told it took 6 bits to drill 2 holes. It does work however and does make the saw steadier.

Ozzie, you've got a nice lookin' 150. Better get ya an air filer on her before you put her to serious work though. Lots of people talk trash about 150s, but I love 'em. Best of luck with yours.

Dan

No doubt! There was some miscommunication between Tom and I. I told him we'd use a circular saw blade for material. The plan was to trace out the spike from another saw and copy it. He decided to cut the saw blade like it was. He just told it took 6 bits to drill 2 holes. It does work however and does make the saw steadier.

I like the original plan better, but cutting one isn't any easier than drilling it. Plasma would do an OK job, I think.

it's a 3/8 and my saw has a .404 rim sprocket on it. Anybody know where I could find one?

Are you looking for a rim/drum system? Or do you have the 6 spline setup? If the latter, I've only ever found .404" 8 tooth and 1/2" 6 tooth. Never 3/8. 7 spline drums are out there, they just don't sit around long.

Chris B.

Picked up a nice roller tip bar for my 750....but it's a 3/8 and my saw has a .404 rim sprocket on it. Anybody know where I could find one? Been watching for one a little while but no luck yet. Couldn't pass the bar and chain combo, especially for this price!

36 inch b/c Ftis Homelite 750 550 chainsaw see video - eBay (item 130477713469 end time Jan-27-11 18:41:43 PST)

Thanks,

Randy

Well the bar you got is a roller tip instead of a sprocket so you can run any pitch chain you want as long as it is .063 guage which is common for .404 chain. If you decide to switch to a full comp chain (which the 750 will handle easy) then just get .404 and you won't even need to switch sprockets. I did just check ebay and used the search terms "3/8 chainsaw rim sprocket" and there were many to be had with buy-it-now prices. The 750 sometimes uses a common rim drive spline setup. Most of mine that use a rim have the 7 spline setup. Good luck either way, you have a great saw there.

Last edited:
Does anyone of you guys have a 2000 or 2100 used jug that you would be willing to sell or trade? Even if it needs a hone, I don't care as long as it is saveable. Thanks

Last edited:
Homelite 240

What is a mint condition homelite 240 worth? Found a real nice one just curios as to what it's worth. It's a 1985 model.

Did some research on the 750 rim sprocket;

Part # is 63284, 7 spine 7T and fits .404 chain, also was made in an 8T rim. An optional rim was 6 spine for 1/2 chain as mentioned by cbfarmall.

The XL-925 rim sprocket is part # 63285 and I think it will fit as the bar mounts are the same for both the 750 and the 925. That would make sense and also make the 7 spine 7T rim really easy to get in 3/8 pitch.

Two drums are available for the 750, a 6 spine and a 7 spine, the 6 spine was for 1/2 chain and the 7 spine was for .404. Comparing the IPLs for the 750/925, I think the rims interchange. I took a .404 rim, 7 spine off my 925 and replaced it with a 7T, 7 spine 3/8 rim last year and it looks to be the same rim as the 750 has. When the new bar shows up I'll have to tear the drum off the 750 to verify this, the 925's .404 7 spine 7T rim is in my box-o-parts for the 925.

I also won the other 36" bar (same seller, another auction at the same time for a 750 B/C combo) that was a sprocket tip and came with a new chain for $32. That bar and chain combo was .404/63, so either way I'm covered. 36" roller tip bar using the .404/63 chain from the other auction will allow me to keep the rim I have and still switch the bar to the 42" bar with .404/63 chain that came with the saw.

I now have a 36" sprocket tip bar for .404 chain I don't need (paid $31 for it) and a new 36" 3/8 skip chain that won't fit anything I own (paid $32).

So really, I paid $100 for a roller bar and chain combo, I'm stoked, this 750 is going to look good and I'll make a good bunch of my money back when I sell the left overs!!:sinister:

Thanks for the replies!!:good:

3/8 .50

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NcuXV4RqtQU" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

112 CC's of muscle...me likey...

24 in bar buried in oak before i put a good chain on it..
the guy weighs 120lbs if he gets caught in a rainstorm :)
he walks away before the tree falls,you can hear him say " let the wind take it " .
i laffed like hell when he got the saw stuck !!! had to edit video for language :)
homie 750 one heck of a saw,if you dont mind the weight !!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pHpAkO6NnFQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

24 in bar buried in oak before i put a good chain on it..
the guy weighs 120lbs if he gets caught in a rainstorm :)
he walks away before the tree falls,you can hear him say " let the wind take it " .
i laffed like hell when he got the saw stuck !!! had to edit video for language :)
homie 750 one heck of a saw,if you dont mind the weight !!

That's nothin' the IT guy at work told me a story about his neighbor who started his saw then proceeded to walk in a circle around the tree while cutting until it finally tipped and stuck the saw! hahahahaha....

Latest posts

Back