Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a little info about a 7-29? Belt drive and big I know, they worth anything or are they more just a collect for fun and run saw?

Personnaly i believe they are more for collect and fun...not a huge value since they were mass produced..If you want to sell send me an email: [email protected] Alain,

watch out for guys that tell you they are not worth much but want to buy it. :D

last one I sold brought 400.

Two XL-12s from Saturday.

View attachment 170692
View attachment 170693

View attachment 170691
View attachment 170690

The red one pumps 140psi and runs good except won't hold an idle. Carb likely needs a kit. They have them at Orschlens.

The blue one pumps 115-125 depending. Seems to run good but need to get a chain from Menards when the streets get cleared.

I was hoping the blue one was better as the blue matchs my vet. :cry: See avatar.

Last edited:
My Homelite 5-20 has a Tillotson HP15A which the diaphragms are shot. Apparently they no longer make a rebuild kit for this carb. I was wondering if there is another carb-intake that I can use. The problem is the carb's impulse is brought in by a brass line from the engine and not through the intake manifold. Just wondering if there is something out there that I can replace it with.

C-72

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site but not to chainsaws. I am a firefighter full time and have been cutting trees for 7 years now and just recently started a tree buisness of my own 4 months ago. I love chainsaws and most anything that uses gas and makes a loud noise. I call myself a decent mechanic as i grew up in racing and building gocarts and such. I am happily married with a 16 month old boy named Jack that I think has already hit the terrible twos.

Now that I have made an introduction and told you a little about myself I have a few questions to ask about a saw I recently aquired. I have a c-72 that runs great "now". It currently has an 18" bar that has seen its better days and I am wanting to find a good used bar or new if possible in the 32" to 36" range. What little research I have found on the saw I have found that it will pull a bar of this size if not "hossed" in the wood. My Homelite dealer hear in AR. can not find anything to replace it with. They have looked high and low and have even called bar companies Oregon etc. Can someone tell me or send me in the right direction to find what I am looking for please and maybe even a little info on the saw. It currently has a 17h-063 windsor bar that might help for a cross referance. Thanks again in advance and oh I also have a super xl and a super 2 as well. I love these old Homelite saws!
Thanks Mike,

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site but not to chainsaws. I am a firefighter full time and have been cutting trees for 7 years now and just recently started a tree buisness of my own 4 months ago. I love chainsaws and most anything that uses gas and makes a loud noise. I call myself a decent mechanic as i grew up in racing and building gocarts and such. I am happily married with a 16 month old boy named Jack that I think has already hit the terrible twos.

Now that I have made an introduction and told you a little about myself I have a few questions to ask about a saw I recently aquired. I have a c-72 that runs great "now". It currently has an 18" bar that has seen its better days and I am wanting to find a good used bar or new if possible in the 32" to 36" range. What little research I have found on the saw I have found that it will pull a bar of this size if not "hossed" in the wood. My Homelite dealer hear in AR. can not find anything to replace it with. They have looked high and low and have even called bar companies Oregon etc. Can someone tell me or send me in the right direction to find what I am looking for please and maybe even a little info on the saw. It currently has a 17h-063 windsor bar that might help for a cross referance. Thanks again in advance and oh I also have a super xl and a super 2 as well. I love these old Homelite saws!
Thanks Mike,

Do you have a small engine repair shop near you? Most of them keep old chainsaws in the back for parts. I put a 36" bar with 404 skip tooth chain and it was too much and stalled in the cut quite a bit. It was much happier with a 24" roller tip bar with 404 skip tooth and never had any issues.

My Homelite 5-20 has a Tillotson HP15A which the diaphragms are shot. Apparently they no longer make a rebuild kit for this carb. I was wondering if there is another carb-intake that I can use. The problem is the carb's impulse is brought in by a brass line from the engine and not through the intake manifold. Just wondering if there is something out there that I can replace it with.

I just did an HP13A for an old Pioneer HM. Diaphragm looks the same as your photo. Had to make the diaphragms from .5mm buna material and a machine a new pin, then seal the plate to the material with Seal All - hope it works. I will double check the thickness of the buna material.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Do you have a small engine repair shop near you? Most of them keep old chainsaws in the back for parts. I put a 36" bar with 404 skip tooth chain and it was too much and stalled in the cut quite a bit. It was much happier with a 24" roller tip bar with 404 skip tooth and never had any issues.

I do actually but have had no luck with their "old" inventory. Do you have a part# on any of your bars. I am looking for a roller tip bar if possible. Thanks homelitejim in advance!

I do actually but have had no luck with their "old" inventory. Do you have a part# on any of your bars. I am looking for a roller tip bar if possible. Thanks homelitejim in advance!

Welcome to AS. Shouldn't be that difficult to find a bar but the roller nose might be difficult. A McCulloch bar may work. Also a Stihl bar might but you'll have to get a couple bushings for the bar studs.

Sorry I sold that saw with both bars. I think the 36" was a large husky bar and I had to modify the adjustment screw hole so the homelite one would fit in there to adjust the bar.

I see you laggards have have made a mild attempt at gettin' to it.
LMAO!!!

WTF? Get to writing, quit trying to scare these bumbles with them yellow saws of yours, and get writing. I hope you didn't get talked into some deal here, and that wasn't some fluke post.

Yes It's really me. It could be a fluke, I have limited functions, need my sigline back. I thank you all for the moral support:hug-right:
I know now where the "wild' in Wildman comes from.

007.jpg

Yes It's really me. It could be a fluke, I have limited functions, need my sigline back. I thank you all for the moral support:hug-right:
I know now where the "wild' in Wildman comes from.

007.jpg

I thought for sure it was just this sort of behavior that got you banned! :hmm3grin2orange:

Or maybe it WAS your sigline!

It is still a mystery to me. It doesn't matter now, for the most part.

I'll be digging the 900G out pretty soon, may have something suitable to saw with it.

Back