Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and PERMA-HARD TIPs. lol

Ha!! I dont know if chicks dig Perma Hard tips but I do!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Very very nice XP1020 LB, it looks fantastic. A bit of a clean and a simple going over, and you have yourself a wonderful old Homelite muscle survivor.

Congrats - wish I had one like this for my collection.

Regards,

Chris.

thanks Chris, What is the difference between a LB and normal 1020?

Does someone have a pic of a 770 D preferably the sprocket side? If so please post.:help:

Sorry it's not a very nice looking one. It just hit me that you're probably looking for decal placement for a resto...?

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1518.jpg

Sorry it's not a very nice looking one. It just hit me that you're probably looking for decal placement for a resto...?

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1518.jpg

No, mine is missing the chain guard, just needed to see it so I know what I'm looking for. Thank You for posting those pics, nice looking saw.

No, mine is missing the chain guard, just needed to see it so I know what I'm looking for. Thank You for posting those pics, nice looking saw.

No problem. Those are the only two pics I have of it. Poor thing got buried in the back of the shed before I had a chance to really mess with it.

picked up an old homelite tonite. :D

its a 6 hook Mcdonald. this one is in nice shape.

found it hanging in a buddys shop. I grabbed it and told him I was going home with it.

he played hardball for a while but a pair of 20's finally convinced him to part with it. :)

CIMG4852.jpg

i did find a saw last week too. I think its a XL 924. runs great.

had to shell out 20 bucks for this gem.

CIMG4821.jpg

CIMG4822.jpg

CIMG4820.jpg

found it hanging in a buddys shop. I grabbed it and told him I was going home with it.

he played hardball for a while but a pair of 20's finally convinced him to part with it. :)

CIMG4852.jpg

CIMG4821.jpg

CIMG4822.jpg

CIMG4820.jpg

Ric that helmet is SSSSWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTTT. Even the 9 series is kool too. Let me give you your $20 back on it. Its to beat for your collection and those are my favorite saws at the moment. Got my 922 on my desk as we speak getting some loving attention.

Ric that helmet is SSSSWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTTT. Even the 9 series is kool too. Let me give you your $20 back on it. Its to beat for your collection and those are my favorite saws at the moment. Got my 922 on my desk as we speak getting some loving attention.

Was buying a couple other saws when the guy forced me to buy that homey saw.

I figured it might be good for parts since it had that 2100 spike but the darn thing fired right up and cut great.

I am willing to trade it for a clean ms361 though :hmm3grin2orange:

Was buying a couple other saws when the guy forced me to buy that homey saw.

I figured it might be good for parts since it had that 2100 spike but the darn thing fired right up and cut great.

I am willing to trade it for a clean ms361 though :hmm3grin2orange:

You and those MS361's LOL. Well I cannot help ya with that. Thought it would look good on my shelf the way she is though. Would keepy my Super 922 and XL-923 good Company.

Nice scores Ric. That helmet's cool. You did well on the XL-924 too. Did you notice that it has an AF cover from a VI 944 or 955 on it?

Tellyawhat.....I'll double your money on that saw. As Rick said, it's too rough for your collection...:D

Need some help on what is going on here....

Was on the receiving end of a Homelite MFG Part# :UT10517 (saw was bought at HomeDepot sometime last year) from a guy needing money(saw cost me $30)! It doesn't look to bad, no major scrapes or gouges....has some small scratches and the bar looks hardly used!!!!

Problem:
When you start the saw and cut some wood....everything is a OK!
When the saw is out(or nearly out) of gas and you stop the saw to fill it, you might as well pack up for the day....cause it's not going to start again until it cools completely down! After the engine reaches ambient temperature again, it'll start right up....

What does this saw need to fix the problem?

Scott B

Latest posts

Back