Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I get the nodel of this saw its on C-list the person wants 50 for it and i am trying to convince myself to go and get it for less than 50 dollars ????? hoe it shows up ????

Need some help on what is going on here....

Was on the receiving end of a Homelite MFG Part# :UT10517 (saw was bought at HomeDepot sometime last year) from a guy needing money(saw cost me $30)! It doesn't look to bad, no major scrapes or gouges....has some small scratches and the bar looks hardly used!!!!

Problem:
When you start the saw and cut some wood....everything is a OK!
When the saw is out(or nearly out) of gas and you stop the saw to fill it, you might as well pack up for the day....cause it's not going to start again until it cools completely down! After the engine reaches ambient temperature again, it'll start right up....

What does this saw need to fix the problem?
Scott B

Next time check for adequate spark. The coil may be going open circuit or shorting out with temperature.

How old are the fuel supply and vent lines?

Could I get the model of this saw its on C-list the person wants 50 for it and i am trying to convince myself to go and get it for less than 50 dollars ????? hope it shows up ????

Post your pic in the McCulloch thread, because that's what it is.

That's worth 50 USD just for the entertainment value.

Next time check for adequate spark. The coil may be going open circuit or shorting out with temperature.

How old are the fuel supply and vent lines?

Thanks for the tips on the 'open circuit'.

Don't imagine it's been changed, the saw was purchased maybe mid-2010(from what the guy selling reported). Was thinking maybe the saw is running so 'lean' to make EPA guidelines that it's not dissapting heat... Think I should richen the carb?

Scott (or re-sell cheap) B

Thanks for the tips on the 'open circuit'.

Don't imagine it's been changed, the saw was purchased maybe mid-2010(from what the guy selling reported). Was thinking maybe the saw is running so 'lean' to make EPA guidelines that it's not dissapting heat... Think I should richen the carb?

Scott (or re-sell cheap) B

That's not out of the question.

Could I get the nodel of this saw its on C-list the person wants 50 for it and i am trying to convince myself to go and get it for less than 50 dollars ????? hoe it shows up ????

That looks like a McCulloch 33. As stated, post up your pic in the McCulloch thread if you haven't already.

Thanks to Kev1n sending me a parts saw 150 homie I was able to put the Homie 150 that came to me in a box together and see what would happen. A new fuel line as well and a cleaning of the carb and the saw is up running now.

Here is a couple of questions for the 150 experts.

Saw after running for a short time and cutting through a couple of pieces of firewood splits seems to bog down in small splits.

Compression check after running it for maybe five minutes is at 110psi

The idle seems OK.

I had to about run the high speed screw a long ways down for it to rev up to cut. This concerns me. I did notice that the high/low screws when out of the carb do look different. I put them back as I had taken them out. I am wondering maybe having them in back wards good cause the high side to be adjusted down so much.

The saw seem lite on power and maybe it is the compression being low that is the source. I could re-ring it I suppose. The oiler seems to be working good.

I am trying to make this thing work for a neighbor that I plan to give it to that has been a great friend and want to make this saw right if I can.

Any help would be great. I also wonder if I am expecting to much out of this saw as well for its displacement.

Last edited:
They sure had some bigguns there buddy, didn't they.
Ya ever look into one when it's running at an idle, Then
turn the lights off in the garage. Kinda cool.
Put the hearing protection on before ya try it.

Lee

Back