Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 925 is a 5 In3 model, the Super XL12 is 3.55...

Mark
hello Mark. I know. and I like the big un but didn't know if the little one was collectable because of the colors. I read a little and I don't think it is. kinda faded anyways. then there is this one which is in better shape, than the other one, but the guy is crazy on the price.
384233025_24525160443749127_1117660434445475760_n.jpg

good evening. thinking of adding a Homelite to my small collection. looked on marketplace and these 2 looked interesting and are at almost the same price. both are too high but have been listed for quite a while so may be negotiable. the big guy is twice the drive as the smaller one. both supposedly run. any advice from the Homie crew about which one would be best would be appreciated.
View attachment 1123155View attachment 1123156
925 for sure

Ok- so I'm new in the Homelite forum as I am primarily a Mcculloch guy here lol. I do have a few of the smaller homelites around that I've had for years but recently picked up a larger one that I wanted to ask here about. I just picked up a 2000 automatic. I know that the larger Mcculloch's like my sp125 are pretty desireable and bring pretty big prices anymore. How does this Homelite fair in that regard- are they very desireable?

2000s and the follow-up 2100s are very well regarded. They don't have the AV of the SP125s but are quite powerful. The only drawback to these saws (besides finding parts) is they came originally with a 6 spline drum and the only option currently is a .404 x 8 tooth rim. You can find 1/2" rims but that doesn't help.

Thanks - thats looks like it. I need to take a couple pics.
Lots of Homelites look like the 2000. All the C series have that basic form. The dead giveaway for the 7 cubes saws is a box muffler held on with 4 bolts and poppet style decomp hidden just behind the muffler.

Lots of Homelites look like the 2000. All the C series have that basic form. The dead giveaway for the 7 cubes saws is a box muffler held on with 4 bolts and poppet style decomp hidden just behind the muffler.
Im just going by the tag on it that says 2000 automatic lol. I have not looked it over very closely yet. Upon initial inspection I didnt notyice a decomp button like im used to seeing so thanks for mentioning that so I know where to look now.

Jeff

Im just going by the tag on it that says 2000 automatic lol. I have not looked it over very closely yet. Upon initial inspection I didnt notyice a decomp button like im used to seeing so thanks for mentioning that so I know where to look now.

Jeff
It will be a lever at the back of the saw, to the right and below the trigger.

It will be a lever at the back of the saw, to the right and below the trigger.
ok- i did see that! Guess I wasn't sure what it was. Assumed maybe it was choke. Was gonna take cover off and look but haven't really had time to do anything with it at all yet.

Jeff

These came in a recent parts haul, not any McCulloch part that I recognize...there were Homelite parts on the other side of the shelves, are these from some kind of Homelite?

20231111_171543.jpg

20231111_171601.jpg

I also have a few Oregon 14026 and 14028 drums with the 6 spline as well as a few 404/8T 6 spline sprockets if anyone is interested.

Mark

It's been a while since I posted on this sticky.I just finished up on a C52 that now completes my C series.The C52 was a bit rough,the previous owner had left the fuel in the tank for quiteome time & it dissolved the fuel line into a ball of black goo that was stuck at the bottom of the tank.I had to pull the fuel tank cover off & found the fuel filter covered in black goo lodged in the upper corner where the fuel fitting is.I installed a new fuel line in the tank along with a new fuel filter,put a new line from the fitting to the carb,& rebuilt the carb.It took me about 3 weeks in between a couple of other saws I worked on,but I finally got it running again 2 days ago.A couple of minor carb adjustments & it's a good runner.The bar that's on the saw I got from Ira a couple of yrs.ago.The bar that was supposed to come with the saw got lost in shipping due to shoddy packaging.The chain that came with the saw won't fit the bar on it now,it's way too short.The bar is 24 11/16 from tip to tail.Any ideas as to how many DL it takes?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 0
Got started on my super mini today, took it down most of the way to check the crank and cylinder. I knew that this one had low comp and showed a scored piston so I wanted to see what it looks like under the hood. Not as bad as I thought honestly, had a lot of carbon buildup and most of the scoring is superficial as I can only feel one tiny line in the cylinder. Looks pretty good otherwise, a relatively clean saw that ran until I tore it apart. Hope that a hone cleans up the cylinder and I’ll get a piston and some seals for it.IMG_5585.jpegIMG_5586.jpegIMG_5587.jpeg

With the C52,I found that it was the only C series saw that came with a 3/8 bar,chain,& rim.I put a bar & chain on it that came off my C9.It fit fine till I tightened up the chain,then it'd bind on me.I went & got the chain that came with the saw & saw A1 stamped on the DLs.That told me it was a Windsor chain that's 3/8 pitch & .050 gauge.I put that chain on the bar & tightened it up & all was good.I also swapped the muffler from the C9 over to the C52 & it actually muffles the sound of the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back