Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought this from Marketplace a week or so ago. got it home and laid it on the clutch side to remove the starter and fuel just poured out. the A-hole I bought it from put a new, very small diameter tygon fuel line thru that big fuel line hole and just left the gap LOL. moron. anywho, googled around and found some aftermarket fuel lines with the slotted bulge like the OEM were made and also read that some guys put the grommet from an XL12 in the hole and push a tygon hose thru the hole that fits it tight.

what does the Homelite group recommend? I read where Leon doesn't think the AM hoses are any good. can't find an OEM one.

thanks all.

PXL_20231211_230517445.MP.jpg

I did see a couple of those on ebay, just no OEM hoses. so, 1 vote for the grommet over the AM hose. Thanks!

I’ve never had much luck with any aftermarket fuel lines. They are always off just a bit. I’m pretty sure I used Echo line through the grommet. There’s a Husqvarna grommet that I used that works, too.

I've been using sten and echo line which is pretty good with a grommet.
got the OEM grommet ordered. I have several sizes of fuel line, will see what fits the hole tightly when the grommet comes in. I have black rubber stihl line and various sizes of Tygon. thanks.

I can usually find used guide bar plates on flea bay.
Keep a heads up, the inner and outer plates are different. (and some are priced like they are gold plated)
I've been looking and only finding inner one or outer ones that looking nothing like the IPL pic. your post got me to look again just now and found a like new used pair for 10 bucks plus 4.95 shipping. thanks!

what's the purpose of the screw marked with the blue arrow? it seems to cam the trigger up or down slightly as well as the throttle plate when turned but to what purpose? the vertical screw above it seems to lock the lower one from turning.

PXL_20231221_203538173.MP.jpg

also, the fast idle button seems to click into place but doesn't hold the throttle butterfly plate open at all.
I know on my 1050 I can push the throttle lock in too far, it's knotched so it's possible to push it past maximum throttle depression.

what's the purpose of the screw marked with the blue arrow? it seems to cam the trigger up or down slightly as well as the throttle plate when turned but to what purpose? the vertical screw above it seems to lock the lower one from turning.

View attachment 1137616
Lol, you made go look as I never noticed that. When I turned it, it made the trigger extend & retract. No difference on the amount of travel. Curious as to why?

also, the fast idle button seems to click into place but doesn't hold the throttle butterfly plate open at all.
Mine, too. I never had a problem restarting it so if I used it I assumed it was working.

Latest posts

Back