• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Homelite DM50 and Stihl TS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands, you SOB!
Reaction score
Up for trade I have a pretty nice Homelite DM50. Only problem is that it has low compression, only 70 on my gauge, unless it has a decomp valve I didn't spot.

Overall pretty nice rig that would look great on a shelf in the shop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231875.865825.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231883.730536.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231890.281237.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231899.163995.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231905.814146.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394231913.713982.jpg

Also a Stihl TS460, 120lb of compression, exhaust side of the piston looks good. Intake side of cylinder through exhaust port looks a little rough. Creates spark. Missing parts. Good parts unit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394232040.246904.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394232049.431534.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394232062.513909.jpg
Looking to trade for chainsaws/parts saws or chainsaw parts.

PM me or drop me at email
[email protected]

Chris pull the trigger on that DM50. If that thumb lever on the grip of the 450/550/DM50 saws is like what's on a 650/750....................then that's an integrated throttle high-idle lock and comp release. You set it by pulling it back with yer thumb...............and release it by pulling the trigger. Dammit. I want that saw but I don't need it. If I was going to try to get it from you then I'd have neglected to mention the throttle lock/decomp......:D

That is probably one of the worst I've seen and I've broken down a lot of saws before.

I'm not going to part this thing out, it's pretty enough to be a wall hanger. Would clean up really nice.

I wonder what the operator had to do to squeak that thing like that.

If it was tuned lean (does it have the single or dual needle carb)? then that'd do it. These saws are used for long cuts. If it leaned out during a long cut because of a bad crank seal and/or intake boot then that'd do it too..............especially if it was tuned too lean to begin with. Also could have been straight-gassed....

I'll look at it tomorrow or something, but by the looks of the carb box grommet that thing has a 2 needle carb.

Intake boot and seals is a definite possibly, but I wonder if it's an adjustment issue. That sonofagun had to be hot!

I've seen guys burn a tank of fuel in one cut in those concrete saws. If it's leaning out............there's plenty of time for some serious heat to build up...

God, I've watched those guys run em too. They are loud and create a lot of nasty dust. Not nearly as cool an item as a chainsaw, that for sure. Definitely useful, though

I'm pretty sure the engine is identical to the 450. Homelite had a way of standardizing industrial application machines and this FP-150 internally looks identical to a DM-50/450.

HAHA "church key" i love it in fire training i dont think there was a single thing we didnt try to cut with our Partner(husky i believe) Saw and they work great for opening a steel door that you dont have a key to lol. The centrifugal twist at high rpms on those these is kinda scary but a great tool to have on the shelf, Rented a k750 last week to cut some shallow trenched in concrete out at the farm lots of fun to use though. They are loud though hearing protection is a must, If you run the hose to cool the blade they dont make alot of nasty dust though just sling some nasty sludge

Back